“Another great Fogo”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 2,379 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Pennsylvania St.
Description: We are an authentic Churrascaria (Brazilian Steakhouse) from Rio Grande do Sul in southern Brazil which features superior service, unrivaled cuisine and a unique dining experience.You will be pampered by our authentic Gaucho chefs who come to your tableside to carve a variety of succulent meats right off their skewers. Our featured meats have been slow-roasted over an open flame and lightly seasoned to preserve the unique taste of each tender cut.Adding to our unique dining experience, you will be treated to a sumptuous, gourmet salad and vegetable bar featuring over 30 items including imported cheeses, cured meats, fresh vegetables and more. We complement your meal with traditional Brazilian side dishes such as caramelized bananas, crispy polenta, seasoned mashed potatoes and our world-famous cheese bread (pao de queijo).No meal is complete without trying a refreshing caipirinha, something from our award-winning wine list or one of our decadent desserts
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Another great Fogo”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've eaten at many Fogo de chao restaurants in the country. This one does not disappoint. Good service and good food as expected!

• Visited March 2013

Indianapolis, IN
“Delicious/ True Brazilian Steakhouse”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This restaurant is exactly what you are looking for in fine dining. The salad bar offers high end options. The special preparations of the meat make delicious offerings. The gauchos continue to offer all cuts of beef, pork, chicken, and our favorite, lamb. Served just as you request. And, if you are wanting a special cut of meat, they will gladly serve you exactly as you request. The papaya cream is a wonderful after dinner dessert to help settle your tummy, highly recommend it after eating a lot of meat!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank indymacthedog
Rexburg, Idaho
“Always good”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Food: delicious! Service: outstanding. Alex was a very conscientious, attentive, and polite server. I've never been disappointed at Fogo.

Portland, IN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pricey, but worth it!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Indianapolis over Valentine's Day weekend and had the pleasure of dining at Fogo De Chao. My wife has been to Brazil several times and had eaten at true Brazilian steakhouses. She had nothing but high praise for Fogo De Chao. I will admit the wait staff were a bit slow coming around with the meat, and it did take a fair bit to get the check; however, my wife and I merely used the time to talk and catch up.

The salad bar is like none other. The selection spans quite a range, and the food is prepared impeccably. I could have just dined at the salad bar and been happy.

The various steaks and other meat items were prepared very well and had a great flavor. It was nice being able to sample such a variety and to only eat what you wanted to eat. The side dishes were okay, but not great. I did enjoy the polenta, but the plantains and mashed potatoes were just okay.

I would recommend this restaurant to any couples looking for a nice atmosphere and great food. I did see a few group of guys hanging out and eating their weight in perfectly prepared steak as well.

To sum it up, this restaurant is insanely pricey but it's a great experience and well worth trying out. I would definitely take my wife here again. I will just allow my wallet some time to replenish itself from the beating it took.

• Visited February 2013
Griffith
“Disappointed this time”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

been to fogo several times in Chicago - decided to go here as we love the chicago location. Disappointing. The gauchos were slow to come with the meats. The salad bar was not stocked well - a lot of dishes low or out. It helped they gave us a gift card with the check for a free lunch or dinner to use before March 31st and we can use it at the chicago location. The indianapolis location was way too disorganized.

Visited February 2013