“Well worth the $$”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 2,358 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Pennsylvania St.
Description: We are an authentic Churrascaria (Brazilian Steakhouse) from Rio Grande do Sul in southern Brazil which features superior service, unrivaled cuisine and a unique dining experience.You will be pampered by our authentic Gaucho chefs who come to your tableside to carve a variety of succulent meats right off their skewers. Our featured meats have been slow-roasted over an open flame and lightly seasoned to preserve the unique taste of each tender cut.Adding to our unique dining experience, you will be treated to a sumptuous, gourmet salad and vegetable bar featuring over 30 items including imported cheeses, cured meats, fresh vegetables and more. We complement your meal with traditional Brazilian side dishes such as caramelized bananas, crispy polenta, seasoned mashed potatoes and our world-famous cheese bread (pao de queijo).No meal is complete without trying a refreshing caipirinha, something from our award-winning wine list or one of our decadent desserts
Indianapolis, IN
“Well worth the $$”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I went here for our one year wedding anniversary and while it was expensive it is definitely worth the money. The service was great and the food was absolutely amazing. While we wouldn't be able to go all the time, it is definitely on our list of places to go for special occasions and a much needed romantic date night. Can't wait to go back! :D

• Visited May 2012

Indianapolis, Indiana
“absolutely love”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

no matter how many times we go we've never been disappointed,we always go for lunch to save a little $$ but the variety and the quality are well worth the price

Visited November 2012
Indianapolis
“My favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I booked my birthday lunch online for myself and 2 girlfriends. Since one of them is a first time visitor, the waitstaff explained the whole shpiel to her. Use the tongs to grab the cut meat, transfer to plate, green for ready for more, red for stop, salad bar, etcetera.

First meat came, the first timer was oohing and aahing like it was better than sex. So one of my gf asked "Is it better than sex?" and we all started to get more meat.

All cuts of meat are good and well seasoned. Ask for the temperature that's right for you, and that's what they'll give. There's filet mignon, filet mignon wrapped in bacon, bottom sirloin, top sirloin, lamb chops, leg of lamb, chicken wrapped in bacon, pork seasoned with parmesan, sausages, pork ribs, chicken drumsticks, ribeye, and my favorite of all the house cut (Picanha) it's just sooooo good.

and as long as you have your card on green, they keep coming. I do suggest for first timers, do not take from the salad bar, only a few cheeses and a few bites. no more. You came there for the meat so eat the meat!

Also they serve you the most wonderful bread, cheese popovers. they keep it inside the folded napkin in the silver basket, and you keep it like that to keep it warm. They only serve a little but they come and give you more and more and you dont even have to ask.

They also give you fried bananas (which got the oohs and aahs from my girlfriend), crispy polenta (my favorite sidedish) and garlic mashed potatoes which are great too!

the staff are very polite and attentive. The gauchos are also great with their forks and knives (they are the ones who walk around with the meat on a stake and cut the piece of your liking at your plate)

They always give you clean plates, and you can request it if it gets too juicy.

Another tip is, after you get two pieces of meat turn your card to red. you want to enjoy the meat while it's hot, then you can turn your card green again when you are about 4 bites to finish what's on your place.

Do not touch the meat with your fork with the gaucho is cutting, but use your tongs instead to transfer it from the spit stake to your plate.

Oh and at the end when we asked for the bill, we got a piece of three layered cake (mousse, cheescake and chocolate) with a happy birthday on it, with a candle that the wait staff lit up, since on my reservation we mentioned that it was my birthday, and we got it for free!!!

Go try it and have fun!!!

• Visited January 2013
Fishers, Indiana, United States
“There's more to a good meal than meat, I cant believe I just said that.”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I am first and foremost a meat eater, see my other reviews for steakhouses if you don't believe me. That said I expect a restaurant who charges $60 a head to deliver a good meal across the spectrum, which Fogo De Chao sadly did not. Also, in the interest of transparency, I have dined here before and remember enjoying it although it was several years ago.

Upon entry I immediately questioned if there were more dead cows in back or live cows in front waiting to get in. As a long time Indiana resident I should have expected this from an establishment that is essentially a high class Sirloin Stockade. We had made reservations and were seated quickly enough in a quiet room off to the east side of the restaurant (you may want to ask specifically as the main room is a bit noisy). Drink orders were taken and while their cocktail menu was decent they offer no draft beers nor do they have a bottled beer menu.

The salad bar is touted as gourmet but I found it disappointing. Prepared salads included potato and chicken (both were fine), one entire side was almost all raw vegetables (no dip offered and the overall appearance was unappetizing), and, on one end, they offered 2 types of cold cuts and cheeses were available along with raw salmon.

The sides are mashed potatoes, plantains and fried polenta, the last two are novelties at best and the "oh my god I'm eating fried polenta!" factor wears off fast. A nice steamed vegetable would have been a welcome edition to the carnivorous paradise that await you upon flipping your little coaster to the green side.

Green means go! - well it's supposed to anyway. The one thing good thing about our table was the room was quiet and fairly intimate, the downside is that you're off the beaten path from the servers and I felt somewhat neglected.

The meat, on the whole, was excellent and the variety was a welcome change from the usual bleeding mass I order at other steakhouses. I particularly enjoy the pacing that comes from only getting 4-7 bites per piece. Another perk of this style is that it's always hot when served to you.

I'm glad I went back but I've probably have had my fill of Fogo De Chao for the foreseeable future. If you've never been and have $60 bucks burning a hole in your pocket then go forth and conquer - make a dent in the domestic bovine population. On the other hand, if you want a great steak and equally great side options you may want to look somewhere else.

• Visited December 2012
“I get that many people have not eaten this style/type of food but its only ok.”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I get that most Indiana ppl have not really had authentic churrascarias because it doesn't predominate the landscape. But having lived in South America and in Brazil for 4 months as well has having had this Americanized version several times throughout the US I can only say that the food is good but not great. Location is great but you pay for it. And I have been there 3 times and it's always blazing hot in there!

• Visited December 2012