“Like a lot”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Description: Traditional Texas Style Bar-B-Q conveniently located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. Seating for up to 100ppl. Small side room can be reserved for up to 20ppl. Quick Service for lunch Mon-Fri 11am-3pm. Full Service 3pm-close and all weekend lunch and dinner. Outdoor seating available. TV's to watch your favorite sporting event. All meats are smoked on-site as you can smell when you walk into the restaurant.
Reviewed August 11, 2018

I am a big fan of Dick's Bodacious BBQ. The BBQ is always consistently good. I love the rib tips and the wings. The corn muffins are very good and so is the cole slaw. The BBQ sauce is super good too. I would probably frequent more, but it is very hard to find parking - almost impossible on the street. I usually go for lunch and don't want to spend the time or money to park in a garage. So unfortunately when I drive over for lunch if I don't find parking on the street, I will go someplace else where it's more convenient to park.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

I had a pulled pork and chopped brisket sandwich. Both were average-to-good in flavor. Served with sauce on the side, two version were both also average-to-good. I think that sums it up.

Reviewed July 6, 2018

A few days ago while we were waiting for the 4th of July fireworks we wanted something real american so we headed to Dicks (not the same as dicks last resort).

By far this has been the best BBQ I've ever tried, My wife and I had a two meat meal, we ordered Brisket and Pulled Pork with a delicious corn muffin and baked beans.

It was plenty for the two of us and it was just great.

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is in the heart of Indianapolis’ downtown district and is best described as a “hole-in-the-wall venue. Loads of rustic character abounds. The beef brisket was cooked to perfection, flavorful and tender. Worth venturing downtown Indy!!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank davisdanmsp
Reviewed June 21, 2018

We blew into town for the weekend, and one of the three things we were determined to do was to eat at Dick's. I bring home quarts of their BBQ sauce and a number of pork sandwiches to bring home during every visit.

Date of visit: June 2018