“Decent bbq, but a bit dry”

Dick's Bodacious Bar-B-Q
Ranked #102 of 2,631 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Description: Traditional Texas Style Bar-B-Q conveniently located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. Seating for up to 100ppl. Small side room can be reserved for up to 20ppl. Quick Service for lunch Mon-Fri 11am-3pm. Full Service 3pm-close and all weekend lunch and dinner. Outdoor seating available. TV's to watch your favorite sporting event. All meats are smoked on-site as you can smell when you walk into the restaurant.
Reviewed July 22, 2018

I had a pulled pork and chopped brisket sandwich. Both were average-to-good in flavor. Served with sauce on the side, two version were both also average-to-good. I think that sums it up.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 6, 2018

A few days ago while we were waiting for the 4th of July fireworks we wanted something real american so we headed to Dicks (not the same as dicks last resort).

By far this has been the best BBQ I've ever tried, My wife and I had a two meat meal, we ordered Brisket and Pulled Pork with a delicious corn muffin and baked beans.

It was plenty for the two of us and it was just great.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is in the heart of Indianapolis’ downtown district and is best described as a “hole-in-the-wall venue. Loads of rustic character abounds. The beef brisket was cooked to perfection, flavorful and tender. Worth venturing downtown Indy!!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank davisdanmsp
Reviewed June 21, 2018

We blew into town for the weekend, and one of the three things we were determined to do was to eat at Dick's. I bring home quarts of their BBQ sauce and a number of pork sandwiches to bring home during every visit.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 2, 2018

I really had no complaints about this place. It was close to our hotel and we stopped for lunch. It isn't that big so you might have to wait to be seated if you hit them at a busy time. The food was good, the service fine, but the barbeque was similar to what I have gotten in other cities for a similar price. Would not go out of my way to eat here, but if you are in the neighborhood and want some barbeque, you will get a good meal.

Date of visit: May 2018