“ok - would rec'd it to all Indy visitors”

Indiana War Memorial
Ranked #6 of 175 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: A tribute to Indiana war veterans, from World War I to the Vietnam War.
Reviewed March 1, 2014

nice view from the top - would rec'd it to all Indianapolis visitors
I'm not too enthusiastic, though!

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Had a great time. The shrine upstairs is beautiful. Leading up to it are the names of all the Soldiers who fought in WWII and WWI. The radio room is interesting as well. You can see the whole museum in about 2 and a half to 3 hours.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We climbed all 330 steps to the top and back down. There wasn't really anything to see except the view at the top, but it was neat. The museums at the bottom had some interesting things.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is a very pretty memorial. I´ve been in another US historical cities, like Washington, DC, and I had the opportunity to visit some of their most popular monuments while visiting them. Although I admit they had their own special thing, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the Indiana War Memorial. The first time I was there it was late at night, and the memorial had a bunch of lights enhancing the looks of the monument and it actually looked incredible!.... Next day I went again to see the memorial in plain day light and it was just as beautiful... In front of the monument there is a small park where you can walk or view other memorials and appreciate the architecture around... I truly recommend it!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

GREAT free museum from the Revolutionary War to the current fights in Afghanistan and Iraq, well-documented and a lot of very neat exhibits and hands-on items to see and experience.

1  Thank lilamadison