“Birthday Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Indianapolis Zoo

Indianapolis Zoo
Ranked #11 of 156 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to over 2,000 animals and Indiana's largest aquarium, this 64-acre zoo has lions, elephants and other wild animals roaming through natural settings. A special petting area allows children to touch, but not feed, the tamer animals. There's also the world's largest enclosed dolphin show and a roller-coaster for all ages to enjoy.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Birthday Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I took my great grandchildren to the zoo for their birthday and we had the best time. It was a beautiful day.

Visited September 2012

• Arabic first
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Love the dolphins”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have visited the zoo many times as my child has grown up. Have visited as a chaperone with school trips, visited with lots of family, company picnic and with just my immediate family. Have enjoyed it everytime! I love the dolphin/water show (always a fav of mine) and I could watch the polar bears for a long long time while they swim. My daughter is a huge penguin lover. Therefore, it's always a must to go through the penquin exhibit. They are fun to watch as well!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was our first time going to the Indianapolis zoo. It was a nice sunny day when we arrived. I didn't realize how small this zoo was compared to other zoos when have visited. There is some construction going on so it was difficult to walk. We did like the rides and the dolphins show. So overall it was a good value for the money.

1 Thank tsims31
Chicago,IL
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Not worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My sister and I took my niece for a short trip during her Spring Break. We arrived fairly late to the zoo due to the Central to Eastern time change(our bad) and horrified to find a $51 price tag to visit for the 3 of us,including a $6 parking fee! It just felt shocking that it would be so much. It is a prettty small zoo, no primates or small mammals, very few hoofed animals on display. The dophlin show was included in the price,luckily because it was super lame. The crew had difficulty getting the dolphins out to the performance area because their pod had a baby. I thought the MC could have explained about the dolphin's family structure or any information about dolphins but she spent more time talking about not littering and conservation-what?
I did love the cheetahs right next to the display window and the baby elephant was so cute! Perhaps visiting this zoo is better during the warmer months when everything is open and running but I doubt it for the price. Think twice before visiting due to the price.

Visited March 2013
Pataskala, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Small”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Very small for a big city zoo, we were done in just a couple of hours, and had to wait for over 2 hours to see the dolphin show.

Visited March 2013