“Great Zoo”
Review of Indianapolis Zoo

Indianapolis Zoo
Ranked #10 of 172 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to over 2,000 animals and Indiana's largest aquarium, this 64-acre zoo has lions, elephants and other wild animals roaming through natural settings. A special petting area allows children to touch, but not feed, the tamer animals. There's also the world's largest enclosed dolphin show and a roller-coaster for all ages to enjoy.
Fishers, Indiana
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 311 helpful votes
“Great Zoo”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

They have really done it right here. Great place to spend a day for old and young alike! Fascinating!

1 Thank hctravelers

• Arabic first
Indianapolis, Indiana
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Perfect!”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My wife and I got married in the dolphin pavilion back in 2009 and loved it. We also come here every year for our company party! My wife and I went in August because it had been awhile since we had been. The new exhibits are excellent, the zoo is clean, and the staff really cares!

Visited August 2011
Fishers, Indiana
302 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 660 helpful votes
“A really nice zoo”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This zoo is laid out well and wonderful to walk through. Great exhibits and always a fun day for the family

1 Thank SmokiesJunkie
Lebanon, Indiana
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice zoo”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

This is a good zoo for a big city. It is not my favorite, but it has several good features. See the dolphin show if yu get the chance. I also like the polar bear observation area, it has a glass that lets you see the bears closer then you could in the wild. The zoo has several different exihbits of animals. It is a good place to take the kids on a family trip to Indianapolis.

Russiaville, Indiana
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice zoo”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We have been a few times to the Indy Zoo. There is not much activity with the animals. Some are so far away you can't see them. The water area/splash pad is nice for the kids to cool down. We have always enjoyed ourselves at the zoo, but pretty much just feel like you are walking around looking at whatever. The dolphin shows book quick so get there early if you want tickets. One visit, we ate at the cafe there. I'm the only one that got a hot dog, and luckily no one else in our family got one because I became so sick. I contacted the zoo by email about it with no response. I think that hot dog must have been left out from the day before!