“wasnt excited” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 163 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With a collection of more than 54,000 works of art, an early-20th-century estate, 152 acres of gardens and grounds, including an outdoor art and nature park, the IMA campus offers experiences that feed both the heart and mind.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Kalam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“wasnt excited”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I wasnt excited or even slightly interested in going to this museum . I did it to appease my wife. I ended up enjoying myself. It wasnt overly sophisticated or intricate peices of art but it definitely was interesting. I actually liked goin there and would possibly return again

Visited July 2012

Rochester
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Must see experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

What an incredible museum. The grounds are fabulous too. Very nice museum shop too Good variety of art to be seen. I loved it.

Glendale Heights, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A wonderful walking tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Beautiful grounds to walk around - good for kids - the inside of the museum is better for older kids/teens.

Zionsville, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Free art!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

The IMA is a great place to visit if you're looking for something inexpensive. Free admission (except for special exhibits). They also have a large array of art, so there is something for everyone. My favorite part is the grounds though. Beautiful gardens to walk around!

Visited September 2012
Souderton, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I'm not much for art museums, but we had a social event hosted here. Admission was free and our hosts covered parking for everyone, so we made the most of it and explored the exhibits. Since I don't frequent these museums often I'm not sure how it rates among others. It was just okay. I wasn't blown away by any of the exhibits, but I didn't think any of them were particularly bad either-- except the modern art of course, but I assume the art is a matter of taste. The building was clean and spacious, there was a lot to take it, and the staff were friendly. Some folks brought their small children but it's not really meant for kids that young, and I personally would not have brought mine due to some of the exhibits (like furniture and statues) being within reach but obviously not intended to be touched. There's a cafe area on the main floor, if that makes or breaks your decision.

1 Thank N H