Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
IMS Museum - Hoosier Thunder

If you are an auto racing fan, make sure you take in the IMS Museum. Plenty of Indy 500 history... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Kevin K
INDY 500

If you like open wheel racing, this is the place to be in May. Tickets for the best seats are... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

More Info
from $49.99
More Info
2,589 results
All reviews hall of fame race track race fans winning cars racing history start finish line vip tour media center old cars gasoline alley bus tour big race grand prix on display behind the scenes bucket list gift shop
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The museum has a great collection of Indi cars; they are staged by year so you can see the progression of the car the design as the years go by. The site offers two tours of the speedway; 1) a tour on the track in a bus and 2) a tour on the track in a bus PLUS a behind the scenes tour of the facility. I recommend option 2. You get off the bus at the finish line to take pictures, visit the press area, and the interview room (you get to seat in the same chars where the drives are interviewed after the race) and get to stand at the winner’s circle.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was in so excited to actually be there, I love all the race cars, and the tour, was so informational, and the tour guide was very knowlegable. I did'nt know that the cars parts were not made in this country but shipped from Italy, The video that came at the very end of the tour was so interesting, I recommend thi attraction to anyone that like cars, like I do, It is a memeorable experience and we so worth my money as well as my time, I loved every minute that I was there.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is the city's claim to fame, this is a must see for any visitor that enjoys history! Lots to learn here and don't forget to book your own ride around the track!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We are not racing fans and do not follow NASCAR , or Indy Car Racing. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is actually in the town of Speedway, Indiana. My wife and I decided to spend a couple of nights in the Indianapolis, IN area and take in the Speedway. We took the $25.00 tour which gives you a lap around the track plus a stop for those who want to "Kiss The Bricks" can do so and have their photo taken as a memento. this tour takes you into the places that others only dream of going, the Winners Circle, the Press Boxes, the Scoring Tower, The Pit and Gasoline Alley area, and lots of other places. You get out on the track and visit all those places that Race Fans wish they could visit.
Even for us Non Race Fans, we thought the $50.00 cost for the two of us was well worth the price of admission. You are given a button to wear that lets you into the Museum area as much as you want to visit it for the entire day, there are Speedways Ambassadors there to explain or tell you about anything you may have questions about. Oh yea, don't forget the Gift Shops for that something special to remember your visit by. We did not even visit the second floor photo museum. If you want to get an up close and personal birds eye view of the Motor Speedway, then this is the ticket you need. I believe I would visit it again should my travels once again bring me this way.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We've sat in turn three, between three and four, turn four, and the Paddock Penthouse. Always a thrill. Security is typically fine. Due to the Boston Bombers, Indy 500 2013 was a nightmare security experience. Hopefully fixed for NASCAR's Brickyard 400 this year.