“Great Tour”

Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum
Ranked #4 of 172 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: The Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum presents the stories of racing at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, the history of the automotive industry in Indiana, and has vehicles and race trophies and memorabilia from race events around the world. It houses one of the most important collections of racing vehicles and memorabilia in the world.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Waterbury, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Tour guide was very knowledgeable about all types of racing (Formula 1, Indy Cars & NASCAR) If your a racing fan, take the tour & make sure to visit the museum. You won't be sorry.

1 Thank shoesizesix

• Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Rockford, Illinois
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Cool place to visit”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Had a good time visiting the museum. Paid extra for the longer tour but I think it was worth it. Got to see the press room and media center and race control. The cars are cool to see and the gift shop is nice but too expensive.

Austin, Texas
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 223 helpful votes
“Short, sweet, and perfect for a non-fan”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Being that we are not racing fans, I wasn't all that thrilled to go t the Indy 500 speedway for a tour. However, I found this just perfect. We took a "lap" in a small bus and listened to a recording of the history of the track, saw the "bricks", and I could almost imagine what it must be like when it is full of sights and sounds. After the tour, we went through the small museum. Overall, a couple of hours and we were ready to go. I imagine if you are really a racing FAN, then you could spend much longer looking at all the historical cars and related items. I was skeptical, but we all enjoyed it...even the teenage girls in our group!

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“I'm not an Indy fan, but really enjoyed my visit.”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Took the track ride on the bus. It was worth the money just to say I did a lap at Indy. The museum was perfect size. Not overwhelming, so if you aren't a major race car fan you could still enjoy the cars. My child really dislikes all that stuff, he's such a teenager, but he had fun too! I like to go places just to sty, been there, done that. This time, "been there" was definitely worth it.

hadley rille
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Love the museum”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Take the bus ride around the track. Great museum. Love the trophy collection. Lots of cars other than Indy racers....

Visited March 2012