“Any age GO”

Children's Museum of Indianapolis
Ranked #2 of 127 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest children's museum in the world just got even bigger with the addition of a new 7.5-acre outdoor health and fitness area that encourages activity through multiple sports. The new space, called Riley Children's Health Sports Legends Experience includes basketball, football, hockey, soccer, pedal car racing (drag strip and oval track), golf, baseball, and tennis. The indoor portion of the new area includes the National Art Museum of Sport along with the World of Sport and History of Hoops. The Children's Museum of Indianapolis itself is made up of 500,000 square feet with exhibits and activities that are fun and interesting for the entire family as they explore the physical and natural sciences, history, world cultures and the arts through exciting interactive exhibits on five floors. Families will discover some of the most rare dinosaur fossils in the world and see what it's like to live and work in space. There's also a theater with children's plays and live entertainment.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This place has anything for people to do. There is a Merry Go Round on the top floor!! If you are 3 or 40 you will find something to do. :)

Write a ReviewReviews (3,652)
All reviews
"china exhibit"
in 67 reviews
"water clock"
in 60 reviews
"the terra cotta warriors"
in 41 reviews
in 85 reviews
"parking garage"
in 57 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Took our 15 month old son. I think my husband and I enjoyed it more:) it will definitely bring out the child in you. Very friendly staff..reasonably priced food..if you get fountain drink free refill so my husband, and I shared...will visit again

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The TCM is a one of a kind world class museum. My kids have a different experience each time we visit. The exhibits are very people friendly and the museum definately caters to the young.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have three daughters ages 8,5, & 3. We got to the museum when it opened and we left when it closed. We spent the entire day there and I still don't think we saw everything. There is so much for kids to do and they have all kinds of side shows and activities. I am a military veteran and they give military discounts, which I love because every little bit helps. One of the only things that I really didn't like is how expensive the food is. For a family of 5, get your credit card out if your going to eat lunch there. Awesome place to visit with kids!!!