“OUT STANDING!”

Children's Museum of Indianapolis
Ranked #1 of 176 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest children's museum in the world urges children to dig in and touch everything as they explore the physical and natural sciences, history, world cultures and the arts through exciting interactive exhibits on five floors. There's also a theater with children's plays and live entertainment.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Children's Museum of Indianapolis is in a word OUTSTANDING! By far the best children's museum we have ever visited. They have four floors to explore. Whether your kids are into dinosaurs, trains, cars or robots they have it all! Dad's (Me) favorite exhibit was the Life-size Mattel Hot Wheels. My 5 year-old loved the "construction" area where kids can haul "rock" and "operate" a crane and bobcat. He could have played there for hours. They offer a AAA discount and have a large gift shop. They also have a variety of options at their cafeteria for a quick lunch or snack but beware it's a little pricey. In closing, if you have kids/grandkids it's well worth the visit. Check out their website for additional information on exhibits as there are way too many to list in this review.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is truly an amazing museum for kids of all ages. Very hands on with fantastic exhibits. The dinosaur exhibit is wonderful.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

One is never too old for the Children's Museum! There's something for everyone and even an adult can spend hours there.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Took the 3 kids there, ranging from age 6 to 13, and they all had a great time. We split up for a couple of activities to keep it age-appropriate. Spent probably 4 hours there. Didn't see everything but it was enough time. Free parking that is connected to the museum. Huge gift shop, although I don't imagine there was anything there we couldn't have found less expensive somewhere else!

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I knew it was the world's largest children's museum going in, but it still surpassed my expectations! It was not only fun for the kids, but fascinating and new for my husband and I. This was out first time there, but I'm sure we will go back. We drove from the Chicago area and it was a fairly easy drive. Great hands on experiences for the kids. We talked about a lot of different careers as we walked through. My kids are 7 and 4 and they both loves the museum! Also, it's worth mentioning that we went on one of their special Halloween weekends and I thought it might be super crowded, but it really wasn't. Or maybe because the place is so big (4floors) that it just felt like everyone had plenty of room to move around and explore. So that was nice!