“fun!”

Children's Museum of Indianapolis
Ranked #1 of 177 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest children's museum in the world urges children to dig in and touch everything as they explore the physical and natural sciences, history, world cultures and the arts through exciting interactive exhibits on five floors. There's also a theater with children's plays and live entertainment.
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I went this museum with my little sister who was six at that time.
I did not expect so much about the museum, since I am not a child.
Well, it turned out not only my sister but also I enjoyed the museum very much =)

1  Thank Eun Soo C
Write a ReviewReviews (3,388)
All reviews
"water clock"
in 60 reviews
"china exhibit"
in 59 reviews
"the terra cotta warriors"
in 41 reviews
in 47 reviews
"whole family"
in 84 reviews

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We go to children's museums every chance we get. I read so many great reviews about the Children's Museum of Indianapolis, we decided to make a mini trip of it. This museum did not disappoint! Five great floors of fun for all ages. My three year and a half year old had so much fun that we went back two days later for a shorter visit. My fourteen month old loved the special climbing area made just for her age and I loved that they offer a semi private place to nurse. The food options are great. It is a mini food court with many healthy options. We ate there both days and enjoyed the food. The museum was very clean and in great shape.

The ticket price is not cheap, but you get what you pay for and we felt it was well worth it.

If you do not enjoy large, packed in crowds of people, i would suggest trying to avoid the monthly free family night sponsored by Target. This is a wonderful opportunity if you would not otherwise be able to afford the tickets, but the crowds were a little too much for my liking. We arrived at 1:00 that day and paid full price, only to have to wait to get close to certain activities and deal with huge amounts of people that were let in free at 4pm. I wish they would have told us that this was occurring only three hours from when we arrived. Needless to say, we left fairly quickly after that. Parking lot, not parking garage, had some pretty tricky, tight spots that almost caused us trouble in exiting.

Aside from those minor complaints.....Loved it! And will definitely return.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We only had an afternoon so we had to kind of quickly go through the place but it was a spectacular museum that the kids (boys ages 9 and 10 at the time) thoroughly enjoyed. Mom and Dad did as well. We could have spent a lot longer in there. Will definitely make a return visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

It was free!!! Everything was awesome and there were so many activities to do that my children were exhausted at the end of the day. Very good option for any day :)

See more reviews
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The Children's Museum of Indianapolis is a fixture for our playgroup. We have a membership and use it extensively. We go almost 2-3 times per month in the winter. It is changing the Playscape area into something awesome for toddlers. I am very excited to see exhibits each time we go. Hot Wheels is on right now and is nice for boys, since Barbie was here for a long time. The cafe is great. We always bring a small cooler/ lunchbag (as do many other families) and pick up a few items in the cafe and eat our food for home as well. Their food is quite good, especially the fruit selections and the breadsticks.