“Children's Museum”

Children's Museum of Indianapolis
Ranked #1 of 177 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest children's museum in the world urges children to dig in and touch everything as they explore the physical and natural sciences, history, world cultures and the arts through exciting interactive exhibits on five floors. There's also a theater with children's plays and live entertainment.
Reviewed March 29, 2012

WOW....This museum is absolutely wonderful....for all ages. I bought my toddler grandson here in November and he had the time of his life. So I bought a years membership as a Christmas gift for their family. I know they've used it many times from the pictures they post on facebook. This is the WORLD'S largest children's museum....and no doubt the BEST.
Personally, I loved the magnificient 3 story Chihuly glass sculpture.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,353)

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Keeps getting better every year we go during spring break every year since 1995 and will keep going back

Reviewed March 29, 2012

We arrived when the museum opened and didn't leave until after 4pm. The museum has many exhibits that appeal to kids of all ages unlike many children's museums which are geared toward younger children. The museum has a planetarium and shows throughout which require (free) tickets. You may want to ask about what shows are available when you arrive so you can plan you day!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

It had been several years since my last visit to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis, but I recently had the opportunity to visit this old friend again. While some exhibits were essentially the same (such as the famous water clock, carousel, and race car), many changes and additions had been made. The lowest level has a giant transformer that even a 50-something women thought was VERY cool, and that's really not my thing. More prehistoric exhibits have been added on top of the incredible Dinosphere. The museum website has a floor by floor layout of exhibits; this information is also included in the booklet given to visitors, and it also includes the location of vital information such as restrooms and elevators. The food court has also been expanded, and even includes a Starbucks.

I was not the only adult sans children visiting the museum, either. I noticed several groups of adults enjoying the museum as much as families with kids. The child inside of you never really goes away, and the Children's Museum of Indianapolis truly is a world-class attraction that has something for the child in everyone.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

So much fun for the kids! From the dinosaur exhibit to the merry-go-round, we had a blast. Only downfall was that our daughter and her cousins picked up a flu bug while we were there and were sick for the rest of our trip.