“A good way to entertain your kids no matter the weather!”

Children's Museum of Indianapolis
Ranked #1 of 172 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest children's museum in the world urges children to dig in and touch everything as they explore the physical and natural sciences, history, world cultures and the arts through exciting interactive exhibits on five floors. There's also a theater with children's plays and live entertainment.
Bloomington, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A good way to entertain your kids no matter the weather!”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Children's museum was 5 floors of pure entertainment. My daughter was 2 and we did not make it floor 5. She dropped by floor 4 with everything there was to entertain her. They had a whole floor for toddler and kids to just play and everything set up for them. In 6 hours she: colored, ran through at least 8 or 9 jungle gyms, played in 2 different hands on water areas, oogled over all the train displays, went down the slides maybe 10 times, played in the sand area, played in a plush toddler area, ran through the barbie section, rode the carousel twice, and ended in a massive jungle room big enough for a basketball court or two. She passed out in her stroller from all the excitement. What a wonderful trip.

Only complaint is the gift store and cafeteria are completely overpriced. Did not buy anything at gift store and food was so-so. Fee for my husband, myself, and my 1 1/2 year old was $33. (2 and under children are free)

1 Thank kristina w

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“The best children's museum”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

By far the BEST children's museum for all ages! I've been there twice in 1month now and bought a membership. The special attractions (which keep changing) are amazing. There is plenty to do and see for children and adults to stay entertained. We spend about 5 hrs there easily. There is a play area for 6yrs and under that is awesome. The older kids have several areas to play. Lots of fun, super clean, and most importantly, very educational! The cafe food is actually very good too!

1 Thank Flowergirl20
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best children's museum I've been to”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I was very impressed with the amount of museum you get for the money! This is a well kept, aparently well funded museum for children of all ages. The dinosaur experience was incredible. I loved the impression of what dinosaurs looked like through the years. There are several areas for rotating/traveling exhibits. I liked how the NG treasures exhibit had age appropriate experiences while still displaying real artifacts to keep the adults stimulated (the Captain Kidd canon restoration was really cool). There are multiple play areas to let your toddler run about to see, do, smell, and play. We werer able to bring our own lunch, parking was free and we were able to rent a wagon to go about the spacious facility. Your kids will love this place!

Chicago
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“great kids museum”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Huge kids museum with free parking. They do not accept any reciprocal museum memberships, though. Lots to see - plan to spend an entire day there. Wish they had slightly longer hours - they close at 5pm.

Carthage, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I can't say enough about the Children's Museum. I went with my 29 year old daughter (no children) and we had a great time. There is something there for everyone. They have four floors of exhibits and activities and I loved everything. I only wish I had allowed more time for my visit. Plan on spending the day - you won't be sorry.

1 Thank jlks1107