“Best children's museum I've been to”

Children's Museum of Indianapolis
Ranked #1 of 173 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest children's museum in the world urges children to dig in and touch everything as they explore the physical and natural sciences, history, world cultures and the arts through exciting interactive exhibits on five floors. There's also a theater with children's plays and live entertainment.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best children's museum I've been to”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I was very impressed with the amount of museum you get for the money! This is a well kept, aparently well funded museum for children of all ages. The dinosaur experience was incredible. I loved the impression of what dinosaurs looked like through the years. There are several areas for rotating/traveling exhibits. I liked how the NG treasures exhibit had age appropriate experiences while still displaying real artifacts to keep the adults stimulated (the Captain Kidd canon restoration was really cool). There are multiple play areas to let your toddler run about to see, do, smell, and play. We werer able to bring our own lunch, parking was free and we were able to rent a wagon to go about the spacious facility. Your kids will love this place!

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Chicago
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“great kids museum”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Huge kids museum with free parking. They do not accept any reciprocal museum memberships, though. Lots to see - plan to spend an entire day there. Wish they had slightly longer hours - they close at 5pm.

Carthage, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I can't say enough about the Children's Museum. I went with my 29 year old daughter (no children) and we had a great time. There is something there for everyone. They have four floors of exhibits and activities and I loved everything. I only wish I had allowed more time for my visit. Plan on spending the day - you won't be sorry.

1 Thank jlks1107
Loveland, Colorado
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Spectacular!”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

They say its the best in the US and it is quite spectacular! You could spend an entire day here if you want, but we are local and have a membership and visit for a few hours at a time. It is one of my son's (3) favorite places to go, just wish it wasn't so far from where we live! They have 4 floors of different rooms and activities, full of endless fun like dinosaurs, trains, a discovery play place for little ones, a carousel, star wars exhibit to name a few and special feature areas that come and go throughout the year, just recent being Dora and Diego. It is a fantastic find if you have young kids, totally worth the price of membership if you are local!

1 Thank rokeedy
Indiana
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fun for all ages! Biggest and best in the country but just fun for everyone.”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This is a delightful museum. We've visited similar sites in several cities. This one it top notch. I've watched this develop from a small property to what is likley the best in the nation. There are hands-on-activities and many things to see. Go and enjoy!

Visited May 2011