“Stick with the known for best results”
Review of Arni's Restaurant

Arni's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Arni's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #172 of 2,379 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Arni's has been serving the finest thin crust pizza in Indiana since 1965. The all-occasion menu also features shareable appetizers, bountiful salads, unique sandwiches, hearty pasta dishes and some of the best charbroiled burgers around. The Indy location features full bar service and a wonderful outdoor patio. Carryout and catering menus are also available. An Indiana tradition, good food and good times are always had at Arni's.
Fishers, IN
“Stick with the known for best results”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We have been to Arni's many times over the years, but this time we went because of a Living Social deal I had purchased. I had a Junior Salad, which was good as usual with just one little issue-some old radish slices that should have been thrown out ended up in the salad. This is the first time I've ever had something like that happen, so no big deal. This salad is served with a thick slice of garlic toast, which is always yummy, but for some reason the server just popped it on top of the salad instead of bringing it in a basket as usual-no place to put it if I didn't want it in my dressing. Had to ask for a plate, but again, no big deal.

My husband had the boneless wings prepared Jerk style and a side salad. He said the wings were good. My son had a side Caesar salad, which he liked.

The server might have been new. She had a little trouble getting things right.

My favorite dish there besides the Jr. Salad is their pizza. Very similar to Pizza King's, but greasier (at least with pepperoni). The pizza is always good.

I admit I really don't like the atmosphere of this place-it's a little too sparce for my tastes. No warmth at all. Very modern. The bar looks a little more interesting than the general eating area.

The whole dinner was, unfortunately, punctuated by a little child barfing at the next table and another lady at a close table sneezing at least 11 times. This, however, isn't Arni's fault. :-) Overall, however, I would suggest that they "step up their game" at this location so every product they send out the kitchen door is top notch and make sure the servers are decent... most of the time they are. Lots of competition for customers in this neck of the woods.

• Visited September 2012

Columbia
“Pasta was awful!”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We went to Arni's last night for dinner. My daughter lives in Indy and she's gone before for pizza. If you like the ultra thin crust pizza, I guess it's a good place, I don't care for it, so I can't say if it's good or not. However, I ordered the Voodoo pasta with chicken and anduille sausage. It was awful! The server warned me that it was quite spicy, while it was a little spicy it wasn't anything near what I expected from his review. The pasta came "swimming" in sauce. And the sauce was reminiscent of Chef Boy Ar Dee (sp?) So, while the chicken was nice and tender, the sausage was cut so thin it was difficult to taste through the "bowl of soup" which was vaguely like Campbell's tomato soup before you add water or milk. In all fairness, the waiter offered to try and get the meal taken off the check, but I felt like I ordered it, so I should pay for it. But again, in my opinion, it was terrible. I gave it two stars because the wait staff was good.

Casselberry, Florida
“Sometimes great, sometimes average, but always reliable.”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We went to Arni's on 96th St. for dinner this weekend. The minestrone soup wasn't as good as Arni's pot roast vegetable or chili, but it was satisfactory. Salads and pizza were very good. (I love their salads.)

We go to Arni's regularly and have found it to be a reliable place to get a good salad and pizza. Hubby and I both think the pizza is overpriced, but it is tasty--although I'd have to say it's different than other pizza in the area. (The crust or sauce or something is different.) Their salads are really, really good. A simple side salad has lots of veggies, including the often-overlooked radish. Do other restaurants not know how much a few slices of radish add to a salad?

Sandwiches also are very good. The club sandwich and Cuban sandwich are reliable and tasty. The mini-burgers--shooters or sliders or whatever they call them--are delicious; they do have a "bistro sauce" on them, though, so be sure to ask for them without the sauce if you want straight-up burgers.

We prefer eating in the bar area. The main restaurant gets lots of families with children and infants. We love kids--have one ourselves--but infants, preschoolers, and young ones can make the restaurant rather loud. (We also like watching the various sports programs televised in the bar.)

Phoenix, Arizona
“Real Pizza King Pizza!”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We go to Arni's at least once every single time we visit family in Indianapolis. It's great! They serve the original Pizza King pizza. Which consists of very thin crust pizza with chopped ingredients, and cut into squares. We always fight over who will get the corner pieces.We The decor of the restaurant is very stylish. Wait staff is extremely nice. It is located just south of Carmel, but it is well worth the drive.

Indiana
“Always a good meal at Arni's”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We have been to Arni's several times and the food is consistently good with a wide selection. Love the atmosphere of the new location on 96th street.