“Love it & I'm staying!”

WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Lawrence
Ranked #123 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The whole building is very clean & well maintained. There are NO bugs of any kind!!! Being young I don't mind the mattress on a sheet of plywood but I can see why others might complain about it. The nearest bus stop is 1.4 miles away but otherwise it's a great location! I love my room and feel safe here. I plan to stay for several months. I highly recommend this place!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank dayo707
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Lawrence, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Value Place Management

Reviewed September 1, 2011

This is the first time I've stayed in a Value Place, and I'm impressed. My room is big, clean and undamaged, and has a full-sized fridge/freezer, microwave and 2 burners to cook on. There are washers and dryers on the first floor. The TV gets 25 channels and 2 Encores. The Internet is by Ethernet, not wireless, and it's slow- downloads come in at about 20 Kbps. There are a few problems caused by their need to keep prices low- the mattress is probably the hardest I've ever slept on and the pillows are awful, so bring your own pillow if you can. No breakfast or coffee. The window has blinds but no curtains. Also, there's no ice machine.

I'm amazed that they charge only $170 per week. I had to reserve the night before I actually arrived so I could check in at 7 AM, and they didn't charge me for that first night. This is a great place for a lengthy stay if you're on a budget and don't need luxury.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Roadie78
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Lawrence, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2011

Dear Value Place Guest,

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Value Place Management

Reviewed June 15, 2011

I stayed at Value Place Lawrence (extended stay hotel) temporarly for two weeks. Before staying there I went over to prescreen the room first, observe security, and put in a few special requests. I thought the rooms were very clean, functional, and well laid out. My room looked freshly painted as there were absolutely no markings on walls. The carpet was moderately worn but appeared maintained and clean.
I am small so the bed was comfortable for me. The full-size refrigerator / freezer and stove top was adequate for small meals. The desk provided a place for my lap tops and doubled as a small kitchen table.
I rarely saw the other guest in the halls. However, I determined that military personnel stayed there too long term. They stood outside the front door frequently (daily) but were friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Non-smoking room not on ground floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank TexyLady
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The service was good and the surface of the hotel looks clean. They have bed bugs galore & will tell u that you brought them! I have over 50 bites.

Room Tip: If you are thinking of staying there, burn rubber!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
9  Thank strammi
Reviewed January 10, 2011

There servivce was very professional and excellent. The room was very well kept and the internet was really great as welll. I really like my overall stay and I would recommend this Hotel to all my Colleagues.

Crandall Myers
Via Email: crandallglenn@yahoo.com

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank crandallglenn
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Value Place Lawrence was a great place for me to stay as a temporary living arrangement. I think that most of the negative reviews come because people expected this to be as nice as a hotel - It's not luxurious like a hotel might be (top-line mattress, furniture, hallways, etc.), but it is clean and functional.

The room was really clean and well taken care of. It had everything that I needed for my month-long stay. The bed is a mattress on a slab of wood, which worked fine for me (but again, might not be your cup of tea for a vacation). Full-size refrigerator and freezer, pots and pans are NOT provided, however there are two burners on the stove (no oven).

My biggest complaint for this location was the service to the room. A light bulb burnt out over my bed and they never fixed it. Also, when I needed to check out early in the morning, the night guard refused to help as he was supposed to. The girls who work at the desk during normal business hours and the housekeeper were really nice and accommodating.

Overall, I would definitely suggest this location as a temporary living solution, especially because of their monthly discounts.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank kibu
Reviewed April 16, 2010

management do not resolve issues timely, they are not professional and they will lie if iit will get them out doing work. Very, Very, Very, Very, unprofessional. i recommand go some where else if you can.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple