“Appropriately named”

Ranked #107 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Appropriately named”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

This is the first time I've stayed in a Value Place, and I'm impressed. My room is big, clean and undamaged, and has a full-sized fridge/freezer, microwave and 2 burners to cook on. There are washers and dryers on the first floor. The TV gets 25 channels and 2 Encores. The Internet is by Ethernet, not wireless, and it's slow- downloads come in at about 20 Kbps. There are a few problems caused by their need to keep prices low- the mattress is probably the hardest I've ever slept on and the pillows are awful, so bring your own pillow if you can. No breakfast or coffee. The window has blinds but no curtains. Also, there's no ice machine.

I'm amazed that they charge only $170 per week. I had to reserve the night before I actually arrived so I could check in at 7 AM, and they didn't charge me for that first night. This is a great place for a lengthy stay if you're on a budget and don't need luxury.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Roadie78
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Indianapolis Lawrence, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Value Place Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

I stayed at Value Place Lawrence (extended stay hotel) temporarly for two weeks. Before staying there I went over to prescreen the room first, observe security, and put in a few special requests. I thought the rooms were very clean, functional, and well laid out. My room looked freshly painted as there were absolutely no markings on walls. The carpet was moderately worn but appeared maintained and clean.
I am small so the bed was comfortable for me. The full-size refrigerator / freezer and stove top was adequate for small meals. The desk provided a place for my lap tops and doubled as a small kitchen table.
I rarely saw the other guest in the halls. However, I determined that military personnel stayed there too long term. They stood outside the front door frequently (daily) but were friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Non-smoking room not on ground floor
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank TexyLady
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

The service was good and the surface of the hotel looks clean. They have bed bugs galore & will tell u that you brought them! I have over 50 bites.

Room Tip: If you are thinking of staying there, burn rubber!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
9 Thank strammi
Indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2011

There servivce was very professional and excellent. The room was very well kept and the internet was really great as welll. I really like my overall stay and I would recommend this Hotel to all my Colleagues.

Crandall Myers
Via Email: crandallglenn@yahoo.com

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank crandallglenn
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2010

Value Place Lawrence was a great place for me to stay as a temporary living arrangement. I think that most of the negative reviews come because people expected this to be as nice as a hotel - It's not luxurious like a hotel might be (top-line mattress, furniture, hallways, etc.), but it is clean and functional.

The room was really clean and well taken care of. It had everything that I needed for my month-long stay. The bed is a mattress on a slab of wood, which worked fine for me (but again, might not be your cup of tea for a vacation). Full-size refrigerator and freezer, pots and pans are NOT provided, however there are two burners on the stove (no oven).

My biggest complaint for this location was the service to the room. A light bulb burnt out over my bed and they never fixed it. Also, when I needed to check out early in the morning, the night guard refused to help as he was supposed to. The girls who work at the desk during normal business hours and the housekeeper were really nice and accommodating.

Overall, I would definitely suggest this location as a temporary living solution, especially because of their monthly discounts.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank kibu
indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2010

management do not resolve issues timely, they are not professional and they will lie if iit will get them out doing work. Very, Very, Very, Very, unprofessional. i recommand go some where else if you can.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank restIndiana
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

The room was clean, but basic. They charge extra for everything - including getting clean towels each day - that is $7 a week. They don't even give you hand towels, just one bath towel and one wash cloth per guest. That wasn't the worst part. The 5-person (occupancy is supposed to be limited to 4 persons per room) family had a kid who supposedly is bipolar and takes 5 medications. The kid threw temper tantrums and the father bellowed at him, frequently using the f-word. The father's behavior was out of control. I called security several times, and the security person threatened the family with eviction, but nothing was done. Management never offered to relocate us. At checkout, they added $25 to the amount of our security deposit that they gave back to us to compensate us for our trouble, but it was too little, too late. We did not get a single night's sleep, and this made what was supposed to be a much-needed vacation into a nightmare. Lots of other guests complained about these people, but nothing was done. This family should have been kicked out so the rest of the guests could get some quiet.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple