Holiday Inn Indianapolis Downtown
$219
$93
$102
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscomfort suiteslucas oil stadiumconvention centercolts gamequeen suiteparking feestaff was friendly and helpfulsofa bedhotel chainfirst morningcomfortable staycomplimentary breakfastdowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed here as a family for 2 nights whilst at Lucas Oil Stadium for DCI finals. Couldn't get a better location! Beds were the most comfortable beds I've encountered whilst in USA these last few weeks!
Staff were very helpful, hotel was clean, breakfast included in our deal which was great....
For a little budget hotel it was superb! And coffee making and a fridge....

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I chose the Comfort Suites since I was attending a function at Lucas Oil Stadium. You could not get any closer to the stadium that this hotel. I had to walk across the street and I was there. I guess for that reason, they charge guest $20.00/night to park either in their lot of the parking garage across the alley.
The hotel was very nice and quiet. I could not tell is there were any other guests staying on my floor!! The room was very comfortable, from the sofa to the bed. There was a huge picture window overlooking the alley below which let a lot of light in. There was a microwave, small frig and a single cup coffee maker. They had a free breakfast set up every morning, but I did not partake, so I cannot comment.

When I checked in a very nice person was on duty. He was very pleasant. When I got to my room, one of my key cards was not working, so I went back down to the front desk to get a new one. There was another young man on duty that seemed to be annoyed with me asking for a new key. He asked me if the other person in my room had one? I had just handed him two keys, why would there be a 3rd? What is the difference anywway? Another note concerning the key card, when I returned to my for my last night there, neither of my key cards would work. I had to return to the lobby and present them to the front desk and get new ones.

The day I checked in, I used the elevator to get to my floor, and out of the multiple LED lights on the ceiling, only two were working.…… when I used the elevator the following day, there was one light working. When I was checking out and used the elevator one last time, NO lights were working…. I stood in a pitch black elevator going to the lobby which I was not comfortable at all and this really concerned me. When I complained to the front desk, the girl said she knew about it, and when she rode it, she pretended she was at an amusement park riding her own private dark ride when she used the elevator…….????
Anywhere in my room where there were more than one light (around the mirror in the bathroom) or light bulb in a fixture, only 1 was working. It looked like they were saving energy by cutting back on light bulbs.
Besides the light bulb issues and the multiple key card issues, all in all this is not a bad place to stay. It is convenient and close to everything either walking or driving.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank mustangjeanne
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The location was great! Right across the road from Lucas Oil Stadium, and a short walk to downtown. The beds were so comfortable, and the room was quiet. The rooms were clean, and had nice touches, like lots of pillows, coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. It made our stay very pleasant. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again. My only complaint was that although they supposedly had free wifi, the wifi never worked.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I picked this hotel as a blind choice through Priceline. The location was great. It was practically next door to The Lucas Oil Stadium and just a block and a half away from the Indiana Convention Center. They have two areas for parking. A parking garage as well as a parking lot. There is a 20.00 parking fee per night. They offer free breakfast containing hot items such as Sausage, ,Eggs, cold cereal, various breads,waffles as well as coffee and juice. The breakfast is just adequate. Rooms are large and beds are comfy and provide a microwave as well as a mini refrigerator. Staff was friendly and helpful . Hotel provides a full service menu for independent food delivery.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Lucas Oil Stadium seem to be pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Had a nice stay, very quiet room. Enjoyed the choice of firm or soft pillows on the bed. The room was clean, had a nice desk, seating area (sofa-bed),and nice flat screen TV. Bathroom was clean and spacious. The breakfast was adequate for a hotel in this category - eggs, bacon, waffles, cereal, pastries, yoghurt, hard boiled eggs. Staff was very friendly. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking garage if you want the quietest...no view, but quiet!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business