“Up close and personal with wildlife”

Imire: Rhino & Wildlife Conservation
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Wedza
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Normally I'm a little fussy when animals have jobs - but these guys handle it really well. All these animals have to do is be themselves, and in doing so, the wildlife become teachers and models for conservation. Imire has a decades long history of preserving wildlife, particularly the black rhino. The whole team is passionate about their mandate - this is not just a show and tell wildlife tour, they are actively involved in helping grow rhino populations, and rescuing animals from undesirable parks.

An easy drive from Harare, you can spend a day, or even a bit longer by pampering yourself at the lodge. Ride along on a wagon pulled behind a tractor that makes stops throughout the 10 000 acre property, stop for a mouthwatering lunch make with many ingredients grown on the property, and snap oodles of up close photos.

You can read more about my experience here: http://wanderingoff.ca/imire-rhino-wildlife-conservation/

1  Thank IAmWanderingOff

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We saw rhinos, elephants, sables (national antelope of zim), buffalo, giraffes, warthogs and a canned lion & hyanes.
Great lunch while enjoy views of a fish eagle and zebra's.
Best part of the day was feed an African male elephant.
Great experience!!!

(no card facilities)

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Imire is a very close attraction from Harare and it is really worth the 1.30 h ride. During our game drive we have seen black Rhinos, Whites Rhinos, éléphants, impalas.... thanks to our very nice guide Anyway we could get very close to them and take memorable pictures. The lunch break : perfect. After a delicious meal 4 éléphants joined us, and we were able to get close to them, feed them... I can say that all the animals are in excellent condition and you can see that they are very well taken care of.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Imire is a paradise. Set amongst all manner of wildlife I had the amazing experience of volunteering here for two weeks and all I can say is that 2 weeks was no where near enough and I will definitely be back. It's amazing to see wild animals up close and personal, even more so to work towards the conservation of such amazing animals. Frequent elephant rides, amazing people and staff, unbelievable sunsets and the best possible accommodation only illustrate a minor part of this amazing place. If you have the opportunity to volunteer here by all means do it!!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We only stayed for the one night in Imire and I wish we'd stayed longer. The rate we had included 2 game drives, 1 day and 1 evening. Having toured round seeing Rhinos, Hyenas, The Lion and the elephant that thinks its a buffalo ! I dont think we could of done much more until we had lunch with the Elephants. A couple of cold beers, great food, scenery and company you couldnt ask for more.
The evening dinner that was served was almost michelin standard. 3 coures and the drinks were extremely cheap (beers&cider available throughout the day). The rooms are fantastic, and bathroom/shower brilliant.
Over all it is a very tailored expericence and well worth it. The staff and guides are incredible and I wish I'd never left. My girlfirend and I cant thank Imire enough for the memories. Oh and face your fears when you go on the game drive, climb the rocks and take in the view..... wow...

1  Thank Jinglish_84