“The Best!”

Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I am almost reluctant to publish this review because Kerabu is becoming so popular that its difficult to obtain a table at times, I think it's undeniably one of the best restaurants in Melbourne. My partner & I have been following the owners Irene & Lai for years, because the food they produce has always been exciting, fresh & delicious, & the service & surrounds warm & friendly. I can't recommend a particular dish because its all so good.....

2  Thank CherylR717

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Great Thai food in a great restaurant. Really enjoyed the whole snapper and the MMM beef. Desserts were also very good, try the crazy banana.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I went for a meal here with my family on Sunday night. We apparently got the last available table and had to go at 6pm to even get that so it is very popular. The waitresses were all lovely and the service was good. The food came quickly. We had a green curry, sesame coated duck, pad thai and beef rendang. There was plenty of food and all seemed good until the middle of the night when my husband and i woke with the inevitable thirst and headache that ensues from an overload of MSG. Such a shame as it wasn't needed as the food seemed good quality and I don't think it was needed. Unfortunately despite everything else being good, it gets a really big thumbs down as this wasn't a cheap eatery style place but is marketed as a mid range restaurant. Won't be going back.

1  Thank Christine M
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This restaurant is potentially very good and we have been there three times. Although there are some good aspects to it, like many Asian restaurants, they use far too much salt/MSG in their preparation. I hate to think how many times we had to get up in the night and top up with water. Three strikes and they're out! We will be going elsewhere in future.

1  Thank Albertcharlie
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Possibly the best Thai food I have eaten in Glen Iris. the fit out and style of the restaurant is also exceptional quality. Do yourself a favor and enjoy all that Kerabu has to offer. Have eaten here three times and counting.

3  Thank Adrian W