“Terrible place to stay....”

Comfort Inn Huntington
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Huntington
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I checked into this Holiday Inn on a work related trip. Due to no lights being on we decided we were not going to stay. We had to get our luggage and belongings on our own with only 1 flashlight and I missed the last step and fell. There was no one behind the counter to help me, he was sitting outside. Once I was able to get up and go outside I asked for the manager and was told he did not want to come out he was eating dinner. I had to go to the er l and found out I fractured my ankle in 2 places. Almost a yr later I am still trying to get my medical bills paid. I have now been turned over to collections. The hotel claims they are not responsible. I think it was their responisibility to see that their guest were not put in an unsafe situation. The least they could have done was offer to help us get our belongings so that we could leave safely. Needless to say they have lost alot of business because of this.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Toni P
IHGCare, IHGCare at Comfort Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Dear ToniP850,

Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear your experience and we would like to look into this for you.
A private message has been sent to you in order to obtain more information. We look forward to being of further assistance.

Lin S.
IHGCare

Reviewed January 30, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express is the best hotel in town. I was in Huntington for five days on business and had a good stay. The hotel is in a good location with restaurants, shopping and gas stations all nearby. Also, it's just a short drive to downtown for bars and more selection on food. The rooms were clean, the bed comfortable and the breakfast was the standard "very good" for free that's typical at the HIE. There is a nicely kept small gym with cable type weights, elliptical machine and treadmill; I am sorry, but I didn't notice if there was a pool. Though, I thought it a little pricey at around $95 a night, I would still recommend this over any other in the local vicinity.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2011

In mid-July my husband and I were on our way to a family funeral in Iowa. A librarian in Huntington suggested this hotel. The staff could not have been more helpful, especially Megan who went out of her way to help us. I left something behind and they held it until we passed back through. They helped us get a hotel reservation at another Holiday Inn for our return. These people were super. Also, there is a Bib Evans right there too.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here on a business trip in July and while I don't expect a lot from a Holiday Inn Express in a rural location, I do expect A LOT more for $100 per night in a rural location. The first thing that hit me when I entered the common hallway leading to my room was the smell of old musty carpet. I must say though that it had nothing on what awaited me in my room. Water was dripping from the A/C unit onto the carpet which gave the room a damp, mildewed smell. The carpets were so dirty that I did not feel comfortable walking without shoes on. I have honestly stayed in much nicer hotels for a lot less money. Next time, I will drive another 35 minutes to stay in a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Staff very friendly - room was clean and quiet and the breakfast was outstanding - as good as going into a restaurant and ordering - everything was hot and great tasting.

Highly recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2011

The Huntington Holiday Inn Express has a very good location in rural Indiana. It is near US-24 and Indiana 9, while being on Indiana 5.

The place is nothing fancy, but it is quiet, clean, and relatively inexpensive for the area, particularly when one takes into account the bountiful morning breakfast, coffee and hot chocolate available 24/7, the swimming pool, walking distance to restaurants and stores, and having a microwave and refrigerator in every room.

The hotel does not have an elevator, but navigating the short flight of stairs was painless for two people without any disabilities or mobility limitations .

There are lots of scenic drives around with wildflowers, cultivated fields, silos, barns, and occasional clusters of trees. The roads are really good too, unlike the pot-holed nightmares throughout Chicagoland.

Room Tip: Priority Club rewards - as little as 10K pts/night
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hdbangr11
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We had booked for 6 nights but had changed it to 5 through the Holiday Inn online reservations. I took a copy of the change with me and it was a good think I did as the change had not gone through so were were considered a "no show". This was easily and pleasantly corrected but it meant that we were on the second floor with no elevator. It has a good fitness facility and a washer/dryer for guest use. The breakfast was fine and the staff were all very pleasant and helpful. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington
Rodeway Inn
#4 of 44 in Fort Wayne
Hampton Inn Marion
Hampton Inn Marion
#3 of 5 in Marion

Been to Comfort Inn Huntington? Share your experiences!