“Friendly people make it great!”

Comfort Inn Huntington
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Huntington
“Friendly people make it great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

In mid-July my husband and I were on our way to a family funeral in Iowa. A librarian in Huntington suggested this hotel. The staff could not have been more helpful, especially Megan who went out of her way to help us. I left something behind and they held it until we passed back through. They helped us get a hotel reservation at another Holiday Inn for our return. These people were super. Also, there is a Bib Evans right there too.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Schererville, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here on a business trip in July and while I don't expect a lot from a Holiday Inn Express in a rural location, I do expect A LOT more for $100 per night in a rural location. The first thing that hit me when I entered the common hallway leading to my room was the smell of old musty carpet. I must say though that it had nothing on what awaited me in my room. Water was dripping from the A/C unit onto the carpet which gave the room a damp, mildewed smell. The carpets were so dirty that I did not feel comfortable walking without shoes on. I have honestly stayed in much nicer hotels for a lot less money. Next time, I will drive another 35 minutes to stay in a nicer hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
fort wayne indiana usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

Staff very friendly - room was clean and quiet and the breakfast was outstanding - as good as going into a restaurant and ordering - everything was hot and great tasting.

Highly recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Saint Charles, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

The Huntington Holiday Inn Express has a very good location in rural Indiana. It is near US-24 and Indiana 9, while being on Indiana 5.

The place is nothing fancy, but it is quiet, clean, and relatively inexpensive for the area, particularly when one takes into account the bountiful morning breakfast, coffee and hot chocolate available 24/7, the swimming pool, walking distance to restaurants and stores, and having a microwave and refrigerator in every room.

The hotel does not have an elevator, but navigating the short flight of stairs was painless for two people without any disabilities or mobility limitations .

There are lots of scenic drives around with wildflowers, cultivated fields, silos, barns, and occasional clusters of trees. The roads are really good too, unlike the pot-holed nightmares throughout Chicagoland.

Room Tip: Priority Club rewards - as little as 10K pts/night
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hdbangr11
White Rock
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

We had booked for 6 nights but had changed it to 5 through the Holiday Inn online reservations. I took a copy of the change with me and it was a good think I did as the change had not gone through so were were considered a "no show". This was easily and pleasantly corrected but it meant that we were on the second floor with no elevator. It has a good fitness facility and a washer/dryer for guest use. The breakfast was fine and the staff were all very pleasant and helpful. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Fountain, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

Very nice hotel. Very warm pool, SWEET. Just drop me at the pool.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2010

I thought the free wireless wifi was great but the staff here is what turned out to be even better for me! I stayed here recently for my sister's graduation and at the end of my stay realized I had lost a ring. This was nothing fancy and has no worth to anyone but me since I have had and worn it everyday for 8 years. I tore apart our room to find it to no avail and left. Later that week I called to check if anyone found it and they had! They even shipped it to me free of charge in a nice padded package! I received it today and it REALLY made my day. Thank you so much guys!

In addition, the beds were comfy which surprised me because I never like hotel beds. They had firm and soft pillows for each person which is different. The rooms are a good size and we didn't have any noise problems. All things that made the stay that much better!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington
Huntington Inn
#2 of 3 in Warren
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 4 in Huntington

Been to Comfort Inn Huntington? Share your experiences!