Super 8 Huntington
Huntington Inn(Huntington)
TripAdvisor
Claymore Manor(Huntington)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesplace to staycontinental breakfastgas stationnight's restindoor poolrefrigeratoruniversitycleanlinessratesadvantagecerealbusinesses
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We arrived at the Super 8 to find a nice looking lobby, got the keys, opened the door (which had the sign 'no smoking' on it.) The room smelled like someone had just had a smoking party. My daughter looked out the window (which opened but didn't have a screen) and said that there were cigarette butts all outside the window. She said, "The other rooms probably smell like smoke too",- so we didn't change rooms. Because it was early and we didn't know what else to do, we went for a drive and looked at the Huntington College campus. We decided to put out suits on and go to the swimming pool but the water was very cold (no hot tub) so we just sat in the pool area to avoid the smokiness. The room seemed clean but I wouldn't go here again after that experience. If I ask for a non-smoking room, I expect a room free from the smell of smoke. When I checked out, they couldn't find my reservation and I found out that I was checked out early- even though we hadn't. If I had just left, we wouldn't have had to pay for the night.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Nothing fancy here. But if you need an alright place to spend a night, this Super 8 is better than most in that chain. I've stayed here before...but this time I downgraded the cleanliness, as I found crumbs and a kleenex partly under the bed after I checked in.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Tessi S, General Manager at Super 8 Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! I apologize that your room was not cleaned properly and will address the situation with our staff. I hope you decide to stay with us in the future!

Reviewed December 17, 2011

I can say that the room was clean... But our room didn't have a microwave or refrigerator. We requested a refrigerator twice to room 207, but never received one. Came to find out that a friend staying on the 1st floor actually did receive a refrigerator. It makes me so angry because the lady said they didn't have one. Our room was non-smoking, yet I could smell smoke. The breakfast wasn't good. Lots of slamming doors on 2nd floor. We should get our money back that's for sure.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I love this place has everythng you would want in a hotel..... The ice machine worked, our
room was really clean and everything in working order

Room Tip: room was nice and clean.....
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Desk clerk sent us to park at end door. Door did not work, she had to come and kick it open (it sticks). Went into room, a/c did not work. Had to move all our belongings to 2nd floor. Went to get some ice. None, ice machine did not work. Went to get on elevator and was greeted by a pitbull and his owner, who was in a foul mood and hollering at the dog.
Breakfast Sat was tolerable but bread was stale. My husband went to get on the elevator and met a different pitbull. (different owner). Sunday we went down for breakfast and were greeted by a lady at a table with two children who had just gotten out of bed. Come to find out she was the desk clerk. Another fellow who was having breakfast told her they were out of water, her reply no it just drips out of the machine. Soon along came a fellow who I assumed was her husband. Guess he stayed there also. When we came down to check out, she had a child on her hip who was whining and crying. She was trying to console the child, type on the computer and get our bill printed out. I do not have anything against dogs as I love them, but don't think it a good idea to have pitbulls in a hotel. I think it is most inappropriate to have her children at work with her.
On Saturday morning, we made our own beds and asked the maids for clean towels, and to please empty the garbage as we had relatives to the room Fri. nite and had accumulated extra garbage. Got two towels and one washcloth, the overflowing garbage was not dumped. Truly not impressed and would not recommend it to anyone.
That has turned us off from ever trying another Super 8. It cost us $62.00 per night. Next time I will pay the hundred for the Holiday Inn down the street.

Judy

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple