“hotel from hell!!!!!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Huntingburg
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed at quality inn to go to holiday world the next day and the whole time I was here our toilet didn't work there were people getting drunk at the pool and kids playing in the hot tub and finally when I go to complain about all this the staff which there were only two staff did absolutely nothing! I could stay at motel 6 and get better service than this! For a cheaper price because I paid 91 dollars for a room here!! Money wasted!! I will never be staying at a quality inn again and neither will my family and friends

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience during your stay with us. Unfortunately with this being close to Holiday World the kids playing in the pool area and hot tub are un avoidable. I want to apologize for the problems with the guest getting drunk that is something you should not have had to deal with. I also would like to apologize with the fact that nothing was done when you went to complain about it, that is unexcusable. Without more specific information I cant really investigate where the breakdown was on our staff performance. We try to have the best customer service possible, but there was defintly a breakdown with it in your situation. Once again I sincerly apologize for the problems with your recent stay.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We needed to find a hotel to stay overnight for a trip to Holiday World/Splashin' Safari in Santa Claus, IN. As my husband is a Choice Hotels rewards member, we needed to find a hotel that would enable us to use our points for the stay, After checking the reviews, we chose the Quality Inn in Huntingburg. The reviews were a bit mixed but mostly favorable, so I was a little skeptical but willing to give it a try. What a surprise we had when we got there!

The room was as clean as a whistle! It smelled nice too. The beds were extremely comfortable also. There were plenty of clean towels, The pool was very clean and nice, and the courtyard area that it's located in was also very clean and neat. The Mexican restaurant in the hotel has wonderful food and is very reasonably priced, which is something we look for as I am a stay-at-home mom, so we are living on one income. There is also a frozen treat stand in the parking lot of the hotel, which was a nice surprise.

Even though the hotel was full, it was very quiet and we could not hear any noise from outside or from other rooms. The continental breakfast the next morning was very good as well. Scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, toast, pastries and cold cereal were the choices. Not the most extensive CB we've ever seen, but it was freshly prepared and very good, and the scrambled eggs were piping hot.

i would absolutely recommend this hotel to any couples or families. We will absolutely stay here next time we are planning a trip in this area of southern Indiana.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Angela Y
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

We would like to thank you for your reveiw and your recent stay with us. I am glad you had a great stay. As far as the mixed reviews goes that is part of business. Each guest does have their own expectaions and while we try and keep everything here as pleasant as possible with it being by an amusement park sometimes kids and adults might get a little rowdy at times.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to being able to accomodate you and your fmaily in the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

The hotel was perfect for what we needed: an overnight stay on our way back from the Kentucky Derby on our way to St. Louis. The room was clean, the breakfast was standard. It was a little further off i-64 than I originally thought... but it was fine.

The next morning, we headed to Lincoln's Boyhood Home which was an easy drive.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Let me start this reveiw by admitting that I am a cerified hotel "snob" and have been known to leave hotels immediately after checking in if they aren't up to my standards. I usually stay at larger hotel chains (such as Hiltons, Marriotts) so I will admit that I was very nervous about staying here. However as we were only going to be in this town overnight to attend a funeral, and we wouldn't be arriving until very late in the evening ( and leaving before 9 in the morning), we just needed a clean hotel with comfortable beds. So following the reviews on Trip Advisor, I made reservations here hoping that it was acceptable. And it definitley was! The entire room was just incredibly clean -- especially the bathroom/shower, and sink. The sink is outside the shower area, which I personally like when traveling with my husband. The bed was extremely comfortable. The pillows were good -- not cheap and flat! The room included a hide-a-bed sofa and desk with a very nice desk chair. Flat screen TV with more lots of channels. Also included a microwave,refrigerator, and coffee maker. It was cold and windy that night but the room stayed warm (once I contacted the front desk clerk and he explained how to change the temperature). Free wireless internet too. The rooms are open to the outside but that just made it more convenient for us to get in and out of our car. We didn't eat at the breakfast buffet so can't comment on that. Yes, the hotel is older, but if you're looking for a clean hotel for a good night's rest then you should consider this hotel. If we are in this area again, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank pinkribbonsurvivor
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Stayed in this hotel while in the area on business. The property is older and needs remodeling. The rooms open directly to the outside, which would be ok in the summer, but made it quite cold. The room was freezing - took almost 6 hours to get it to 60 degrees. It was 48 when we checked in. The toilet paper holder was falling off the wall and the remote was missing in our first room. Had to move to another room because the desk clerk didn't know how to find a replacement remote. I'd stayed in much nicer, newer hotels for the same price as I had to pay for an outdated, cold room with no extras. The breakfast was nothing special as the highlight was the hard-boiled eggs. The powdered eggs were completely inedible. Linens were clean and the internet did work in the room. The water ranged from hot to cold and back during a short shower for one person. Overall - not too satisfied.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed here on business as I was teaching a class at the local school system, The outside of the hotel is older, when I went to the front desk the woman there was real polite. Got my room key went to my room, and it was immaculate, nice big bed, flat screen tv, fridge and microwave, and coffee pot, I was impressed. The internet connection was good. Had a crazy amount of channels for a hotel, they do need to update there channel guide in their room binders. Had a Mexican restaurant next door, but I didnt use it but locals said it was good. I have to travel back here in Dec, and will definitely stay again. Great job to the staff and management!

Room Tip: Stayed on the side of the hotel with the restaurant, be prepared to hear car doors slam etc, but not...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2011

The exterior of the hotel is dated, but the lobby and the rooms have been updated probably in the past three years.

Our sleeping arrangement had a pullout and a queen size bed. We did not use the pull out. The queen size bed slept well, at least as well as a hotel bed can. The only complaint that we had was that the bed could not be pushed against the wall since there were several plugs in the outlet behind the bed. We had to sleep towards the foot of the bed in order to avoid knocking the plugs out. The floor of that gap was also dirty.

Now on to the bathroom. The sink and toilet areas were clean, but the shower area needed some attention. Paint from the renovation was on a tub wall. The shower curtain had mildew. The drop ceiling was dirty. There was hair on the floor of the tub when we arrived.

We did not use the outdoor pool, but it seemed to be very popular with the children staying there.

The desk staff was friendly at check-in and check-out.

The variety of channels on the cable on the LCD television was more than sufficient. It was probably better than more expensive hotels.

It was not a bad hotel. I've been in much worse and I've been in much better. If you are looking for a cheap night's stay and you aren't picky, I would say that this hotel would be fine.

The food at the attached Mexican restaurant, El Rio Grande was great and was reasonably priced! If you are staying at the hotel, I would recommend that you eat there.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher M
Quality_Inn_IN177, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

Thank you for your review of our hotel. The reviews made here help us not only fix problems that occurred for your stay but help us better the hotel as a whole. I apologize that the bathroom was not clean. We actually get high scores on our inspections for cleanliness so this is a disappointment that the staff did not meet your expectations. We do have full cable in the rooms and they actually just switched to a digital service so it added even more channels. I also apologize for the problems with the plugs I will have maintenance look into the situation and see how we can go about fixing that problem. If you have any other comments or suggestions please feel free to contact us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingburg
Super 8 Jasper
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper
Comfort Suites French Lick
Comfort Suites French Lick
#3 of 5 in French Lick

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!