“Clean, Clean, Clean!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Huntingburg
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Clean, Clean, Clean!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

Let me start this reveiw by admitting that I am a cerified hotel "snob" and have been known to leave hotels immediately after checking in if they aren't up to my standards. I usually stay at larger hotel chains (such as Hiltons, Marriotts) so I will admit that I was very nervous about staying here. However as we were only going to be in this town overnight to attend a funeral, and we wouldn't be arriving until very late in the evening ( and leaving before 9 in the morning), we just needed a clean hotel with comfortable beds. So following the reviews on Trip Advisor, I made reservations here hoping that it was acceptable. And it definitley was! The entire room was just incredibly clean -- especially the bathroom/shower, and sink. The sink is outside the shower area, which I personally like when traveling with my husband. The bed was extremely comfortable. The pillows were good -- not cheap and flat! The room included a hide-a-bed sofa and desk with a very nice desk chair. Flat screen TV with more lots of channels. Also included a microwave,refrigerator, and coffee maker. It was cold and windy that night but the room stayed warm (once I contacted the front desk clerk and he explained how to change the temperature). Free wireless internet too. The rooms are open to the outside but that just made it more convenient for us to get in and out of our car. We didn't eat at the breakfast buffet so can't comment on that. Yes, the hotel is older, but if you're looking for a clean hotel for a good night's rest then you should consider this hotel. If we are in this area again, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank pinkribbonsurvivor

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Toledo, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

Stayed in this hotel while in the area on business. The property is older and needs remodeling. The rooms open directly to the outside, which would be ok in the summer, but made it quite cold. The room was freezing - took almost 6 hours to get it to 60 degrees. It was 48 when we checked in. The toilet paper holder was falling off the wall and the remote was missing in our first room. Had to move to another room because the desk clerk didn't know how to find a replacement remote. I'd stayed in much nicer, newer hotels for the same price as I had to pay for an outdated, cold room with no extras. The breakfast was nothing special as the highlight was the hard-boiled eggs. The powdered eggs were completely inedible. Linens were clean and the internet did work in the room. The water ranged from hot to cold and back during a short shower for one person. Overall - not too satisfied.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed here on business as I was teaching a class at the local school system, The outside of the hotel is older, when I went to the front desk the woman there was real polite. Got my room key went to my room, and it was immaculate, nice big bed, flat screen tv, fridge and microwave, and coffee pot, I was impressed. The internet connection was good. Had a crazy amount of channels for a hotel, they do need to update there channel guide in their room binders. Had a Mexican restaurant next door, but I didnt use it but locals said it was good. I have to travel back here in Dec, and will definitely stay again. Great job to the staff and management!

Room Tip: Stayed on the side of the hotel with the restaurant, be prepared to hear car doors slam etc, but not...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

The exterior of the hotel is dated, but the lobby and the rooms have been updated probably in the past three years.

Our sleeping arrangement had a pullout and a queen size bed. We did not use the pull out. The queen size bed slept well, at least as well as a hotel bed can. The only complaint that we had was that the bed could not be pushed against the wall since there were several plugs in the outlet behind the bed. We had to sleep towards the foot of the bed in order to avoid knocking the plugs out. The floor of that gap was also dirty.

Now on to the bathroom. The sink and toilet areas were clean, but the shower area needed some attention. Paint from the renovation was on a tub wall. The shower curtain had mildew. The drop ceiling was dirty. There was hair on the floor of the tub when we arrived.

We did not use the outdoor pool, but it seemed to be very popular with the children staying there.

The desk staff was friendly at check-in and check-out.

The variety of channels on the cable on the LCD television was more than sufficient. It was probably better than more expensive hotels.

It was not a bad hotel. I've been in much worse and I've been in much better. If you are looking for a cheap night's stay and you aren't picky, I would say that this hotel would be fine.

The food at the attached Mexican restaurant, El Rio Grande was great and was reasonably priced! If you are staying at the hotel, I would recommend that you eat there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christopher M
Quality_Inn_IN177, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Thank you for your review of our hotel. The reviews made here help us not only fix problems that occurred for your stay but help us better the hotel as a whole. I apologize that the bathroom was not clean. We actually get high scores on our inspections for cleanliness so this is a disappointment that the staff did not meet your expectations. We do have full cable in the rooms and they actually just switched to a digital service so it added even more channels. I also apologize for the problems with the plugs I will have maintenance look into the situation and see how we can go about fixing that problem. If you have any other comments or suggestions please feel free to contact us.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

After being turned down by a Best Western in the area (full capacity) and not wanting to deal with hotels in the late evening we stopped here about 4 in the afternoon. As soon as we walked to check in, the clerk at the front desk informed us that there were only two rooms left, one smoking and one non-smoking. We immediately took the non-smoking. A guy who came in a few minutes after us got the last room. This was a typical Tuesday? Anyway the room was nice. It had a big refrigerator, flat screen TV (which had cable and the cable went out several times during the evening/night and it wasn't rainy/stormy or anything). Laundry on site, a nice pool with a bar/restaurant (although the pool was crowded the WHOLE night, I didn't get a chance to go in). Also a whirlpool and wading pool for the young ones. Breakfast was complimentary, with the usual bagels/bread stuff, cereal, waffles, eggs, yogurt, juice, etc... In the breakfast room I heard a few guests complaining of a couple of drunk folk making noise outside their rooms at 4 or 5 in the morning. Lucky for us we weren't bothered. The numbering of the rooms seems weird as the even numbers were on one side of the building and the odd numbers on the other side. No elevator. Short flight of steps for those with luggage (I'd say about 20 steps split into 10). Decent staff. Clean rooms. Overall very nice. If I was in the area I'd probably stay here again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate all honest feed back from our guests. I'm sorry you had problems with your TV, The cable company was in the middle of a changing from analog signal to digital and unfortunately they did this in the middle of the summer when all the hotels full about every night. I'm sorry you didn’t get a chance to use the pool while you were here. We considered renumbering the hotel at one point but decided this would be less confusing to the guests that have been here in the past. All the even numbers facing the parking lot and the odd numbers facing the pool, is why they are set up this way. If you have any other comments or suggestions please feel free to contact us.
Monrovia, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed overnight at this hotel on a visit to Holiday World. We didn't use the pool or any other amenities as we were all very tired from our day out. The rooms were clean, beds comfy, and we had no issues. The doors do open to the outside, rather than an inside hall, but we were fine with that. The breakfast buffet was great. We would say here again. There is also a restaurant on site, but we didn't eat there, so we couldn't comment on that.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Quality_Inn_IN177, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
I would like to thatnk you for your review of our property. On your next visit to the area I do recommend eating in the restaurant if you like mexican food it is an authentic mexican restaurant. Also if you want to leave Holiday World a little earlier you can relax in the Hot Tub after a long day and let the kids swim in the pool. If you have any other comments or suggestions please feel free to contact us.
Peoria, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

I just returned from a 2 night stay at the Quality Inn. While this hotel wasn't the best that I've ever stayed in, it definitely served it's purpose for our stay. All the staff I was in contact with was very nice and pleasant. They even allowed us a late check out. We had a family suite which was a room with a king bed and a room with 2 doubles. The rooms themselves have been updated some, but the shower could have been cleaned a little bit better. It wasn't moldy - just needed a good scrubbing. The rooms did have new flat screen tv's in them as well. Our last day there, we wanted to sleep in (had been at Holiday World the day before and were exhausted), but this was a little difficult to do with all the outside noise. I imagine it would probably be the same at any other hotel. One thing to keep in mind is this hotel is on eastern time while Holiday World is on central time. Also, it's about a 25-30 min drive between the two places. So if you're wanting to swim a little bit after you get back from Holiday World, you'll need to leave HW a little before closing time (8:30 CDT). Also, the breakfast ends at 9:30(eastern), but lots of stuff was gone be the time we got down there about 9:15.

1 Thank annieski327
I would liek to thank you for your review. I apologize for the noise and the problem wiht the breakfast. You are correct with Holiday world being a major draw int he summer time the noise from the groups is something the we have tried to figure ways to lessen the noise. One sugggestion I can give you should you come back is to request a room facing the parking lot. While there may still be noise it usually does not se as loud as around the pool area. The downside to that request it is further to the pool if you want to use it. The time zone difference is another problem that most of the area hotels have to deal with. There is no solution for that, we tried keeping the pool open later at one poitn but unfortunatly that created more complaints about noise at night. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other comments or suggestions.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Dale
Super 8 Jasper
Super 8 Jasper
#5 of 5 in Jasper
Jasper Inn Dome & Convention Centre

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!