“Great place, great sleep.”

Holiday Inn Express Howe
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Howe
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We are thankful for finding this great place when we were so tired. They had a very fair fee. Especially for being off the interstate. They were professional and polite. We stayed on the 24th of July and the girl's working in the evening and the next day treated us like we were royalty. Thank-you girls. We will be back!

Room Tip: Check for coupon at a rest area nearby.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Howe

Reviewed July 18, 2011

I won a gift certificate from my work for this hotel. Which was suprisingly pet friendly. It was so nice to be able to take our dog on a vacation. As an executive housekeeper myself I did a intense room check to check for the cleanliness of our room. I was glad that all I found one minor problem our room was so clean! All items in the room worked great- the ac froze me out of my room. The 3rd shift lady was so nice to give me extra blankets that she had to walk to the other side of the hotel to get. The family suite took care of all our needs. This is a great place for a family stay- it was so quiet despite being next to the toll road!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I've stayed at this Holiday Inn Express twice within the past month while traveling with my daughter between NY state and Chicago. Never had a reservation. It is very conveniently located off of I-90. Both times our room backed out onto the highway, but the soundproofing was pretty good--the traffic noise did not affect our sleep. The place is pretty basic but clean. Breakfast was decent and hot and fresh. One tip--make sure you pick up one of those coupon saver books at a service stop in Indiana or Ohio. Use the coupon! We did (both times) and were charged only $64.95 plus tax. While checking in this last time, the couple in front of us (who did not have a coupon) were told the AAA rate was $117! That is too much in my mind and I would not pay that price for a room here. But at $65, it's a deal!

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank lsabjazz
Reviewed July 23, 2010

We were on our way to Chicago and needed a place to stay. My daughter found this on the map and we decided to stop for the night. We didn't have reservations, which I always have to have, and we were placed in a nice room. Staff was very friendly. I would stay here again if I would be traveling out that way.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2010

We stayed only one night - but are thrilled that this chain is pet friendly. Our small dog is no bother to anyone. Quick check in. Very comfortable room/bed. We did not eat breakfast at the property because we were looking forward to having breakfast at our favorite Amish restaurant. Only 15 minutes to Shipshewana!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I think I've now stayed in most of the hotels in northeastern Indiana near the Toll Road (in Howe, Fremont and Angola). I'm still searching for something I'd like to return to.

This is a very basic property. My room had no microwave, no fridge, not even a closet. The room lighting is dim and delivered by compact fluorescent bulbs (which I generally approve of) which give off a sickly, greenish light. The walls are thin, as the Loud Family next door proved at 10:00 P.M. And the rooms suffer from the Slamming Door Problem. The north side of the building is so close to the Toll Road you might feel safer setting up some road flares.

On the whole, the hotel is adequate, but is below average for HIEs.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Ian and Jill at the front desk were very helpful and the room was great. Close to Shipshewana flea market (15 minutes). Will come back later.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Howe
Best Western Plus Howe Inn
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Farmstead Inn
Farmstead Inn
#2 of 5 in Shipshewana
Hampton Inn Sturgis-Lagrange Area
The Van Buren Hotel at Shipshewana
Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury

Been to Holiday Inn Express Howe? Share your experiences!