“Such Honesty”

Best Western Plus Howe Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Howe
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We stayed here after a Notre Dame football game. It was only an hour from campus, right off the toll road. The beds were very nice, room clean, breakfast so-so. What makes the place outstanding is the honesty of the staff. We left on a Sunday morning and on Tuesday morning I realized I had left a leather jacket hanging in the closet. I called, not expecting anything, and the woman at the front desk said she had been just about to call me. The woman cleaning the room had just discovered the coat and had turned it in to her. They had my billing information, so they arranged to have it shipped to me (of course I paid for shipping). They even called when it was picked up by the shipper to let me know to look for it in a few days. I had begun to believe that this kind of honesty (which I expect of my kids) was passe. They revived my faith in the goodness of people. Thank you Best Western- I will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JulieRMichigan
bwhowe, General Manager at Best Western Plus Howe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank your for your kind comments regarding our staff and service. We consider dedicated and honest staff members our most valuable asset .They will be pleased that you acknowledged their efforts. We look forward to your return.
General Manager,

Reviewed October 31, 2011

A friend found this hotel and it worked out perfectly. The bed was extremely comfortable and the rooms were very clean. It's right off the Toll Road and within an hour of South Bend - we were there for the ND game. The staff was very courteous. The breakfast was free but not very good - missing some fresh fruit and ideally yogurt. All in all a good place to stay!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your satisfaction. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Clean, convenient, comfortable, cost efficient and courteous staff...this BW handles all 5 very nicely. No, this is not a 4 or 5 star hotel (2.5-3 maybe); but, they are a welcome option for a weary group of travelers! For 2 nights, we had the king suite, with a door between the LR and BDR (yeah!!), so when I'm up late preparing food for a party the next day, the road weary driver (DH) can ge to sleep). This suite had sofa bed, coffee table, desk/chair, TV armoir, kitchen area with small MW and small ref. (lg. dorm size) in the LR and, in the bedroom, an extremely comfortable bed, with white comforter (or it was triple sheeted?), with 5 super comfy pillows, dresser, 2 bedside dressers, and a 2nd TV. Bathroom was clean, very important! Our 2 young adult sons had a 2 queen-bed room, which was a last minute request (thank you Grace!); their room was also quite satisfactory. Breakfast was fine, as others have previously reported, the boys had no trouble getting thei fill. The finishes were 2-3 star but the hotel is great for what it is.

Room Tip: we had no trouble with noise on north side of hotel, and right across from elevator (usually a no st...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary review. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. We appreciate your business.
Best Regards,

Reviewed October 20, 2011

This hotel is located just off of I-80 and only a short drive down to Shipshewana and the prices are very reasonable. We were here 4 nights and couldn't have been more pleased. The beds were wonderful..and I LOVED their pillows!! The hotel was very clean with a good atmosphere, Breakfast was fine but a bit lacking on a variety of fresh fruit. Also, there was no in room fridge or micro. When I stay more than one night, I really like to have those in the room. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. I needed to use the computer/printer in the lobby and the clerk was quick to help me when I needed it. I would be more than happy to stay here again!!

Room Tip: The best tip is to get online, search the various hotels and READ THE REVIEWS. It is amazing at wha...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
bwhowe, General Manager at Best Western Plus Howe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Dear Guest ,
Thank you for taking your time out of your daily schedule to write this review. It will serve as an inspiration to our employees to continue their efforts. I would like to thank you for your business.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

We were quite pleased with this choice. Easy to find. Grace who check us in was pleasant and helpful. Room was large enough for the furniture. Bathroom was fairly spacious—nice shower head that WORKED with soft water. Breakfast included a couple of hot items plus a variety of breads. With the window open, we did hear traffic all night, but it was not really a problem.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
bwhowe, General Manager at Best Western Plus Howe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

We had a special request and found the staff at the Howe Best Western to be very helpful. The hotel was vey clean, spacious rooms, very good breakfast and again the staff, especially Grace and Sarah, were so gracious and helpful. Had a great overnight stay at this Best Western.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful you took time to let us know of your satisfaction.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago, and it was overall a great place. Everything was really clean and comfortable. The vending machines weren't too pricey for a late night snack. I used the pool quite a bit at night, which was pretty convenient and kept very well. The rooms were very clean, and I didn't even run into the housekeeping.
It had one of the best "continental" breakfasts I've ever had at a hotel. They had a variety of foods. The biscuits and gravy was delicious - it reminded me of my childhood. The beds were extremely comfortable. They were much better than other hotels I've stayed at. Finally, the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and sevice.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Howe Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Howe
The Van Buren Hotel at Shipshewana
#2 of 5 in Sturgis
Super 8 Three Rivers
Super 8 Three Rivers
#1 of 3 in Three Rivers

Been to Best Western Plus Howe Inn? Share your experiences!