“Lovely tea room in antique store”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Strawberry Fields Mercantile and Aunt Aimee's Country Tea Room
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2015

My wife and I had the opportunity to try this relatively new business out for lunch. We had a very enjoyable time. It is actually part of an antique store that is well worth a browse through as well. Their regular hours are for lunch only, but that have hosted some special dinners and a couple dinner theater productions. My wife tried the pork bbq off the menu while I opted to try the special sandwich of the day which was a grilled sloppy joe. She had applesauce, chips with a homemade dip, and pickle with hers and I had cole slaw along with the chips and pickle. We both had hot tea from their bountiful selections. We liked everything and agreed we would recommend both sandwiches. Our waitress Bobbi was friendly and efficient and we love the decor. We enjoyed a brief visit with one of the owners (Vicki) after our meal. This will definitely not be our last visit!

Reviewed May 6, 2015 via mobile

Excellent food. I tried the quiche with side salad (which also came with a muffin) and it was all delicious. My husband tried the monte cristo sandwich and liked it as well. We'll definitely go back, service was good, quaint place, reasonable prices (all $8 meals). The only fault I can give is that picky eaters like myself who don't like cream cheese, sour cream, and condiments will struggle a bit with choices of meal and dessert (e.g. Grilled cheese sounded great but had things in it I don't like).

They have three constant menu items- chicken salad sandwich, quiche, and a soup of the day, plus several other rotating items. They had two dessert choices the day we were there.

Look forward to going back!

Reviewed October 15, 2014

Upon arrival we were greeted by the proprietor and warmly welcomed-- disclosure she is a friend of ours. The tea room is cozy and charming with no two tables alike and lovely "old fashioned country decor". Five entrees, four sides, and two desserts were listed on a chalkboard and then a smaller chalkboard listed all available hot teas. Everything was delicious and the service small town friendly. We love browsing the antiques after we eat. The town square is picture perfect for a stroll.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Love the charm of antique tables and chairs with vintage table cloths; the cozy setting nestled in well merchandised antique shop. Food is excellent and the desserts are homemade and fantastic. Worth the drive to a friendly, welcoming experience with good food and small town charm visit Strawberry Fields Mercantile. In case you do not know where Hope is: nearby Edinburgh Premium Outlet or Columbus, Indiana, well worth the short drive. I promise you will savor the dining experience at Aunt Aimee's Country Tea Room in Hope, Indiana

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Mother Daughter outing with my Mom. Love the charm of antique tables and chairs with vintage table cloths; the cozy setting nestled in well merchandised antique shop. Enjoyed the wonderful chicken salad served in a bread bowl and side of sweet pasta salad or apple salad served on the charming mixed china pattern plates. In celebration of Mother's Day all moms received a complimentary dessert enjoyed the sugar cream pie. Worth the drive to a friendly, welcoming experience with good food and small town charm visit Strawberry Fields Mercantile. In case you do not know where Hope is: nearby Edinburgh Premium Outlet or Columbus, Indiana, well worth the short drive. I promise you will savor the dining experience at Aunt Aimee's Country Tea Room in Hope, Indiana

Travelers who viewed Strawberry Fields Mercantile and Aunt Aimee's Country Tea Room also viewed