“Not a good choice”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hobart
Reviewed March 25, 2013

room was dated, worn and carpet stained, bathroom very small only room for one person, bugs on the wall, no warm water for shower only cool, no towels in the pool but attendant quick to bring them when requested, comforter on bed dirty, breakfast had a good selection, police activity at hotel the night we stayed, I would not stay at this comfort inn again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth998
comfortinnhobartin, Webmaster at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Comfort Inn during your last visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and sorry for the incidence howsoever.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

But would like to inform that we have ensured that all the mentioned points of observations are being addressed to .

Please do visit us once again and see the difference.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

this was the hotel that my twin and i chose. the staff was very friendly and accomadating. my twin and i had seperate rooms due to the price being sooo right. the linen were clean,white,non-stained, and fresh. the room was the right temperature. it was peaceful and quiet. to get a good price,when going to the rest stop,pick up a coupon hotel magazine ,clip the coupon and use it. these can also be found in denny' s restaurant. the beach was near by as well as the mall,restaurants, and the different shopping stores.

Room Tip: the second floor rooms were quieter. and ask if your room can be away from children or high traffic...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shandolyn
Reviewed June 27, 2012

when arriving in my room, it reeked of mold. I called desk clerk. She immediately offered me another room. They were very professional, prices were reasonable.my new room was clean and comfortable. good selection for breakfast with buscits and gravy.

Room Tip: not real close to Interstate.no other suggestions to add
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2011

For the price of this potel ($89.99 + tax with AAA discount), I expected a cleaner and more updated room. Dead bug on carpet, cracked drywall with very dirty carpet, very outdated and worn furnishings...ick. Totally not worth the price. The beds were fairly comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jschantz

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Comfort Inn Hobart during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate you for the review and regret the experience and take it seriously towards improvement.

We have investigated the points and have taken steps and assure you that this does not happen again.

We hope that you will reconsider and once again visit us to have a new experience.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Clean place. Nice room. Easy check in. The place could use some lighting. Clerk allowed group of 10 yo boys to eat in the dining area at 9:30pm which otherwisw was prohibited. A tad expensive for Hobart in the middle of June for two queens...

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2010

First of all, I had been up about 54 hours and was thrilled to find a Comfort Inn. Until I walked in the room. The floor had not been swept so I began to investigate further. I rolled back the sheets and found the hairs. The Guy at the front desk got someone one there within a hour, she did a good job.

After a few hours of sleep I went into the bathroom and lifted the seat and found urine stains on the toilet rim. The room was filthy, food staines, cigarette Burns everywhere.

As I was checking out, I told the gal at the front desk I would load up and be back to check out. She didn't answer me, I said don't be mad at me over the condition of the room.

When I returned she said she and the Guy at the counter wanted to whip my but for being upset about the room. As I left he was in the parking lot mean mugging me and then flipped me off. This hotel is for thugs and gang members. NOT FOR FAMILIES OR KIDS.

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank ath21e

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you for the review and your overall remark and sorry for the bad experience.

The hotel staff has been given effective training and to behave courteously towards all our guests.

Special attention is being paid towards cleanliness and room upkeep.

Please consider choose us staying with us again and have a new experience.

Reviewed September 21, 2010

Stayed at this hotel September 17th-19th 2010. First time ever that I have turned back the covers to check to see if the sheets are clean in a hotel. Run my finger along the computer chair in the main lobby and gathered caked in grease and dirt. Dead insects in the elevator and a centipede in the morning bagels. Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to stay. Came into this hotel blindly as a group booking... otherwise I would have kept on driving. I will be in touch with the sporting organization that has this hotel on their mail out list and request that it be removed. Awful!!! The only plus was a comfortable bed.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank BerryDervish

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your last visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and really worry how the mess could happen.

Nevertheless, our heartfelt apologies for the inconveniences about the stay.

We have taken corrective measures to avoid such incidences in future which you can check and confirm.

Please do consider visiting the Knights Inn again and have a new experience.

Hotel Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hobart
Comfort Suites Merrillville
#7 of 22 in Merrillville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#9 of 12 in Portage

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!