“Great tasting food worth the price”
Review of 54 Main Bistro

54 Main Bistro
Ranked #3 of 54 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hobart, Indiana
“Great tasting food worth the price”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a privately owned bistro that has four entrees to choose from. They change weekly based on the availability if ingredients. Definitely have the cheese plate appetizer. I have never had a bad meal here. I try to go once a month

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Lynn S
linda p, Owner at 54 Main Bistro, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank You so much for your review, we appreciate guests who love to comment on our cuisine , Chef Scot goes above and beyond in his preparation of each and every dish that dances out of our kitchen~ we hope to continue to please and exceed your expectations!

Hobart, Indiana
“Worth visiting.”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is a nice cozy restaurant. Very good food & good service. It suprisingly was not crowded on this summer Saturday about 6:00 PM. Will go back again for another special day.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Larry404
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Are you sure we're not in Chicago?”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just ate here, and it was amazing! We've been wanting to come here for a while and finally did. I had made reservations for us and we ended up having to make them a little later and the staff was very accommodating. Our server, Tony was terrific! He kept checking on us and was very friendly! The food was phenomenal! I got the filet mignon, it practically melted in my mouth! The best filet I've ever had! He got the Hawaiian tuna, and that was also so delicious the spicy mustard really made the dish. Then we finished with the chocolate molten lava cake. I told our server we should have started with dessert! We couldn't have ended the meal with anything better. The atmosphere was nice, and we had a cozy table by the window. I couldn't have been more pleased with our experience. I would have expected this restaurant to be in Chicago. It truly is a gem, and the best restaurant around. WE WILL BE BACK!

1 Thank Samantha S
Portage, Indiana
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We had read reviews for this restaurant and it sounded very good and nearby. We decided to go for my birthday. The restaurant advertised as being on a lake with a lovely view. However there are only two inside tables with a lake view. We were seated at a table with view of a drive-thru bank and parking lot. It is also advertised as fine dining, but there were no white tablecloths. The menu is very sparse and ala carte. There are only four appetizers and salads and only four entrees listed and quite expensive. We were brought a long skinny plate with only 3 slices of Italian bread. The waitress put the usual olive oil for dunking on our bread plates, but we had to ask for the vinegar which was not flavored. We ordered the cheese plate appetizer which had three small wedges of various cheeses, three dates, some pine nuts and less than a spoonful of homemade jelly. Our entree sans any side dishes was a smallish portion of beef bolognese with gnocchi served in a huge bowl which made the portion look even smaller. The beef was hamburger. For dessert my husband had pumpkin cheesecake and I ordered teramasou which was the only really enjoyable dish. The waitress also put a lit complementary candle on the cake. Other restaurants usually offer the dessert for special occasions free, but it was listed on the bill. Needless to say we will not return.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Carolyn S
Merrillville, Indiana
“Extraordinary Experience. Every time.”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I've had such great experiences at 54 Main Bistro that I was inspired to write my first review:

My girlfriend and I recently planned a trip here based upon the advice of my mother - and I am so happy to have listened to her! The building, both inside and outside, are very quaint. The food was fantastic. Our server was attentive and informative.

We were so happy, that we soon took a second trip, and I half expected the last amazing experience to be an outlier - I was wrong. Again we enjoyed the ambiance, we both had fantastic meals, and again the service was friendly and helpful. I have now been telling everyone I know to try this restaurant out. If you are unsure where to take people to impress - look no further!

• Visited September 2013