“Our Go-To favorite”
Review of Round the Clock

Round the Clock
Ranked #11 of 57 Restaurants in Highland
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Very good food and a whole lot of it at very reasonable prices. The hot rolls are excellent...the Senior Menu extensive and includes soup or salad, drink and dessert. Lots of desserts to choose from. Management is friendly and service is usually good.
It can be loud, but the atmosphere and decor are worth it.
Go here.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (32)

Reviewed August 28, 2019 via mobile

I’m completely amazed at some of these reviews first of all I can’t believe this restaurant got one bad review I definitely don’t agree. I noticed a lot of people are talking about the breakfast we did not have the breakfast even though I would have like to tried it, it looked amazing. I’m from Springfield il we have lots of restaurants in our area most are ok few are really good. We came to highland because my mom was wanting a new car and found one she liked here we hadn’t ate all day it was 6 pm when we stoped by this restaurant. There were lots of places to eat here some very attractive places I’m a steak person it’s my favorite food I almost pulled into the steak house right next to this establishment but I didn’t because around the clock was so unique it was very country and rustic which I love since I am from the country myself. The waitress was new it was actually her first day she was clearly having a hard time but she was trying. I ordered the chicken n dumplings with mashed potatoes and gravy let me just say it’s not your typical chicken n dumplings at least not where I’m from usually when I order this it’s like a soup (thrown all together) but this was hand crafted it had stuffing under my half of chicken carrots and celery that where cooked perfectly just with a lil crunch and a few dumplings placed around the plate everything was spot on and packed full of flavor. My mom ordered fried chicken it was the BEST fried chicken we have ever had and we have tried a lot of fried chicken in multiple states it was very crispy with a perfect coating of there mix ( I wouldn’t call it a batter it wasn’t thick I hate when you get more batter than chicken) you could taste the grease when you bite into it and the chicken itself had an amazing flavor it’s exactly how fried chicken should be ( but it wasn’t greasy either like oil soaking your napkin) after we ate to our astonishment the desert was free! Homemade pie for free this is practically unheard of in Springfield il! we took some home and the leftovers I’m a big eater and they give you plenty of food plus warm delicious bread before you meal. I don’t know what kind of food Indiana people are use to but that was the best meal I’ve had in a very long time it’s exactly what you think when you want real homemade home cooked food there’s not one place I can compare this place to A++++++

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 22, 2019

Large menu for Seniors with many food options and lots of food that includes soup or salad, drinks and a dessert. A BIG bang for your food dollar at this place.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

I have eaten here a bunch of times I find it hard to believe when you order eggs break yolks hard and crispy bacon. You get yolks that are running and bacon that’s half cooked. And if you dare send it back the eggs are hard as a rock and the bacon is burnt. Just paid my bill and left. Then went to the steer and had a great breakfast

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 4, 2019

The food is very good. I have been there for breakfast, lunch an dinner. Have had many different breakfast meals. They have great food, no matter when you go. Love there bisquits and gravy. I'm not a big egg eater, but everyone I have been with say there good. The fish, hamburgers, liver and onions are always good.

Date of visit: June 2019

Been to Round the Clock? Share your experiences!