“Fabulous” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
“Fabulous”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

I took my husband here for his birthday. We had heard good things about this restaurant and it did not disappoint. This is not an everyday restaurant. It is quite expensive, but they have a menu full of wonderful things that can't be eaten just anywhere, such as escargot, rack of lamb and Chilean sea bass. We went for their famous steaks and they were amazing. I had the delmonico and my husband the ribeye. They were both tender and cooked to perfection. The only downside is service can be slow, but the food is worth the wait! The atmosphere is surprisingly quiet and decor is beautiful! I definitely recommend trying this gem of a restaurant!

2 Thank Tambone99

Casey, Illinois
“Great food in middle of no where.. I thought!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Great steaks, had the 4 oz filet mignon bacon wrapped...was it awesome! Spouse had sautéed mushrooms over his they were excellent too! If driving anywhere around Evansville and north I-64 on rte 41/ 68 go to Haub Steak House!!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Karen1004
Princeton, Indiana
“Go to Hornville Tavern, spend less, eat better than Haub FAKEhouse”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

This place is way over rated. They pretend to be so much more than they are but Hornville Tavern is what it is and is supurb. I know, we dined at both places on the same day and the Hornville Tavern is outstanding.

At the Haub Steakhouse, the French onion soup had a distinct Lipton soup taste that could not be masked by the croutons or cheese. Our salads were frozen on the bottom and grated cheese on a salad does not a salad make. Our steaks were way undercooked; my husband's filet mignon was supposed to be well done and it was more of a medium rare. My medium rare was just seared on the top and bottom. The meat had no flavor which is not what you expect at such a pricey place - just more frozen industrial meat in the heartland where flavorful meat is available.

I had a side of brussel sprouts which were watery because they were frozen. In the fall, you expect that to be a fresh item but these people don't know what that is. My husband had asparagus which is not seasonal but it was not frozen.

So if you want to pay for a lot of wood paneling and a snobby host, go a head. We will never darken the door again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Ginny F
Petersburg, Indiana
“Top notch meal and friendly folks.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

My son and daughter-in-law were visiting from North Carolina and his one request for eating out while here was Haub's Steakhouse. There were 10 of us and they gave us a semi-private dining room which was great for visiting and catching up with family. We were there on a Wednesday early evening and had reservations so we were seated immediately. Two of us ordered the Blue Point Oysters on the half shell and they were excellent, served with lemon, cocktail sauce and freshly ground horseradish on the side. Bacon wrapped chicken livers were also ordered and they were delicious. We had everything from Chicken Kiev to Surf and Turf (filet and lobster). I had their signature Ribeye and had it prepared Pittsburgh rare. It was perfect and tender enough to cut with a fork. They age the steaks themselves. I heard no complaints other than one of our group ordered the stuffed shrimp and it didn't come until everyone else was finished eating. The waitress took it off the bill.
If you are celebrating a special occasion or just out for an excellent meal in a relaxed atmosphere, this is the place to go.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Vance H
Princeton, IN, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Local Steak House”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

While attending an event at my college, we asked the friendly people at the Princeton Hampton Inn for a great local steak house, they suggested Haub Steak House. It did not disappoint. I had the Del Monaco steak, it was cooked exactly to my liking and with wonderful taste. I was also impressed with the service, these fine folks knew what they were doing, we were never rushed! What made it even more wonderful, we just returned from 5 weeks in Europe 3 days prior to our visit here and we needed a good American steak! Haub House filled the bill, I highly recommend a stop there when in the area.

• Visited June 2013