“Relaxing, comfortable and beautiful”

Baymont Inn & Suites Evansville North/Haubstadt
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Haubstadt
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxing, comfortable and beautiful”
Reviewed August 27, 2010

After spending the previous night in a really cheap motel ($35 incl. tax), we decided it was worth paying a little more for a bit more comfort and a room that didn't smell bad. We had a coupon for the Quality Inn and it was really convenient for us as it was just off the I-64. When we got to the place, the rear car park was cordoned off as it had just been re-tarmacked and it took us ages to find the other entrance in the dark (which was also in the process of being re-tarmacked) even with instructions over the telephone from the receptionist. However, after we finally managed to successfully navigate our way into the Inn, the receptionist was extremely apologetic and gave us an even cheaper rate than what we had a coupon for as we'd had so much trouble getting to the place. When we got to our room, we were sure glad we'd made the effort - it was beautiful and had all the facilities already mentioned in other reviews. We had a short swim in the small indoor pool and spent time relaxing in the hot tub. Breakfast wasn't amazing but perfectly acceptable (toast, cereal, fruit juice, sausage patties, mini cheese omelettes, danish pastries...) and check out wasn't until 12pm (an hour later than most of the places we'd stayed at). The bed was so comfortable that my husband went back to bed after breakfast for a mid-morning nap! I hope all the Quality Inns are this good.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Minot, ND
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I've stayed at this motel for on several occasions over the past several years to visit family. We stay due to the location to Poseyville, Wadesville, and Evansville, and because of the fitness room and indoor pool/whirlpool. It is always great and we really liked the extended breakfast this time.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I stayed at this properly twice with the past month. I stayed here on the way out from West Virginia to Arizona and stayed on the return back to WV. The hotel is an easy exit off of I-64. It's a little hard the first time to figure out where the entrance is. You have to make a left turn through the parking lot of a gasoline station and then head down a service road next to the Interstate. It's worth the stay. The Hotel is immaculate and very neat inside and out. The rooms are very clean, modern, and quiet. The rates are very reasonable. Be sure to ask for the discounted "senior" rate if you qualify. They offer a complimentary continental breakfast each morning. High speed WiFi is provided in each room. I wish every hotel I've stayed in over the years was this nice and for such a reasonable price. This is not your typical "tired and worn out" hotel along an Interstate. The front desk staff is very courteous. Just one mile down the road is an Amish-run buffet/family style restaurant called "Stoll's". Wow! Bring your appetite. All you can eat for $10 bucks. Beef, chicken, vegetables, desert, iced tea, softdrinks, etc.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank cryptocat1
Ft Wayne
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I agree with others on here that the staff is very friendly. I used points to go there. Its a cheaper hotel. It shows wear and tear, as I expected, but for the price its okay. Our King suite had TWO refrigerators and a micro. It also had a walk-in closet which we didn't need! The pool/hot tub area is locked and you have to get a key. I liked this idea. We had the place to ourselves on a Wednesday night. The pool was one of the warmest I have been in. (Most are a bit chilly) and the hot tub wasn't overly hot.

There's no shopping center nearby unless you count truck stops. But we had no trouble finding a local eatery to go to via GPS. The Hornet's Nest was good but look for a coupon before you go in the Evansville entertainment paper at the hotel. We made the mistake of eating before getting our room.

On the downside: First off, the stairs in both corridors were covered in dirt and gravel. The free breakfast was the worst I have ever been to in all my years of Choice hotels. First time I left hungry and I'm not picky or a big eater. The aroma of cigarette smoke was evident in our bathroom and in the stairway areas. Employees? I don't know.

The rooms were clean and that's what counts. I would go back but raise a little heck about the breakfast.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Ky.
Reviewed October 27, 2009

The room was very comfortable. We had a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. The continental breakfast had many items to choose from. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed over night for a dog show the next day. We used the elevator to reach the third floor. Entrance through the main lobby to all rooms. The room was very neat, clean and quiet. I wish we had planned to stay another night.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
South Lyon, Michigan
Reviewed October 10, 2009

Clean and comfortable plus quiet -- not at all what you'd expect with it nestled among two highways and a truck stop.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed December 3, 2008

A good place to stay. Even though it's sandwiched between the highway and a truck stop, it was quiet. Location is convenient to Evansville, New Harmony, Santa Claus, etc.

Accessible rooms are great with roll-in shower.

Breakfast has several choices, although heavy on sugary stuff.

• Stayed November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haubstadt
Baymont Inn & Suites Evansville East
Red Roof Inn & Suites Evansville
Comfort Inn & Suites Evansville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Evansville North
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#28 of 36 in Evansville
Hampton Inn Evansville Airport

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Evansville North/Haubstadt? Share your experiences!