Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chehalis
“nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

The hotel was undergoing renovation, but our room was updated and very nice and comfortable. Bed was comfortable and slept well. There is food close to hotel.This was the second stay there and would stay again. Desk clerk was very nice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lora m, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Chicago Southeast/Hammond.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and our newly renovated room, and do hope to see you again soom!

Warm Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Pros: Exceptional staff and the hotel had a nice appearance. Great breakfast!!

Cons: Beds were small and ours was broken! One leg was broken and we had to prop it up so it didn't tip to one side. There was a lot of hair in the bathtub and the room smelled like cigarette smoke. At about 9:30 a.m. there was an extremely loud pounding that woke up our baby. It may have been a vacuum hitting the wall in the room above ours. Our view was of two, large dumpsters filled with the same chairs that were in our room. And some were just laying on the pavement. Not super impressive.

I was hoping for a better experience from a Marriott owned location. It wasn't intolerable, but I'd probably pick one of the hotels next door instead.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lora m, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our hotel. I am so sorry you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay but did want to let you know that once our renovatioin is complete I believe you will find it to be a more comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable experience to stay with us. Therefore, I do hope you will visit us again in the future.

Warm Regards
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

The front desk staff is very good. However, the manager of the property has very poor problem solving skills. She refused to talk with me directly when she was clearly available. She hid behind the front desk staff rather than take my call.....Bad business.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
lora m, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry you feel that you did not receive the service you so deserve. I have always spoken to any guest that requests so provided I am informed by my staff. I pride myself in doing whatever I can to resolve any issues that our guests experience. Please feel free to contact me should you so desire.

Travelers are raving about these Hammond hotels

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Not impressed with the jacuzzi room, there was a definite smell that was very noticeable when you entered the room. The room was okay your regular hotel room. The continental breakfast was marginal -not a lot of heathy choices -the melon was a little slimy.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our hotel. I am truly sorry you did not completely enjoy your stay with us. While I reallze our jacuzzi rooms are a little outdated, I wanted to inform you that we will be going through a renovation in December so I hope you will try us again.
Brooklyn, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I used this hotel as a pitstop for picking up my husband from the airport. I chose the whirlpool spa room and relaxed for a few hours before picking him up from Midway. At 3am, when we arrived back together, we laid down on the bed and realized that it was broken! My 1/2 of the bed was fine, but his sunk down at an odd angle when he laid down. Needless to say, it was an uncomfortable night. The hotel was full, so nothing was done. I turned in a complaint and asked for a partial refund, but I was ignored. I use Marriott hotels often, but I have officially boycotted Fairfield Inn. It seems to be their lowest quality with the least customer service.

Room Tip: If you choose this hotel, upon arrival check your bed for stability. Ask for another room immediatel...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our hotel. I am truly sorry your experienced a problem with your bed but do wish you had spoken with me prior to your departure. I wanted to inform you that we will be going through a renovation in December so I do hope your will give us another try.
Midway, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Marriott is a hotel chain you can count on NOT to surprise you. You always get a professionally trained staff eager to assist you, a clean, comfortable and peaceful room and very good amenities. The price is a little more than some other hotel chains, but it is more than worth it (What are you wiling to pay for peace of mind)?

This particular hotel is blessed with incredible personnell. I was taken aback to walk in and see a young man dressed in a suit with an incredible welcoming attitude! His apperance was only outdone by his personality, friendliness and eagerness to make you feel comfortable (you would think it is HIS hotel-and with his drive, intelligence, people-skills and demeanor-it very well may be one day)!

His name is Steven, and I enjoyed meeting him so much, that I now consider him a friend and look forward to visiting with him again in the future! He is someone you definetly want to meet and talk to-definetly a future "star".

His boss, Denise, is also a wonderful professional with an incredible attitude that exudes sincerity. She exhibits and supports a team spirit that is among the best I have seen in the hospitality industry. You can tell the team spirit is driven by her leadership and the sincere praise and support she extolls upon her employees! I would have enjoyed having her as my Boss if I was not retired and looking for a new job.

I only hope marriott is aware of the "Stevens" and "Denises" they have in their organization and actively groom them for increased responsibilities within their organization. The people make the biggest difference and are the main reason I stay there time after time. Steve and Denise make me feel welcome, appreciated and make my trip quite enjoyable.

Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: Please stay here and tell them you read my recomendation-they are great people that make you genuinl...
Green Features: They encourage "green" practices by their signage and staff support of the initiatives.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time out of our busy schedule to write a review of our hotel. The staff and management team here thoroughly enjoy receiving feedback from our guests especially when it is positive. We do hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Enjoyed everything about this stay except for the smoke smell in our room.

Easy to find off I-94. Very personable and friendly front desk clerk, a real pleasure to talk to. Our room was clean, with nice furnishings, but a strong odor, probably left over from a sneak smoker. We opened our window and propped our door open for a while to air out the room, but on return from dinner it was as strong as ever. The clerk's recommendation for dinner was a nice intimate steakhouse, and we enjoyed it. We slept well and enjoyed the usual competent continental breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
lora m, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our hotel. I want to personally apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced. We do hope you will visit us again sometime in the future.

Warm Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammond
Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN Northwest Indiana Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Munster
Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN? Share your experiences!