Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
$134
Hampton.com
$60
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnice hotelroom was cleanfree breakfastcracker barrel restaurantoff the highwaybagelsrailroad trackslight sleeperfront desk staffthe cleaning crewhot breakfaststayed one nightsafe areaindoor poolhotel is locateddefinitely stay here againthe breakfast area
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Nice hotel, clean room & lobby. Breakfast area was ok but food wasn't hot. Was coming from Chicago and had a hard time finding the hotel since the street in front of the hotel road doesn't go all the way through. Was charged an additional $50 for in room movies which wasn't mentioned on the website. Did receive it back when we checked out but felt the website should mention the additional charge.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank packerfan92
lora m, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review for our hotel. I apologize for the delay in my response. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulty locating out hotel but I do hope you visit us again in the future.
Lora Milroy

Reviewed June 7, 2012

The staff was friendly, but my initial ? was questioning, because the elevator floor was not only well worn, butf could have used a cleaning. When I spoke to the desk about it as I was leaving, I was told new carpet was waiting to be put down and they were glad to hear what I thought. My traveling companions in another room brought attention to a problem in their room and it was immediately fixed. The room and bathroom were clean. The bed was comfortable. I had a front room with the bright street lamp, but the curtains blocked it completely. Others in my party used the pool. Breakfast was decent; hot oatmeal, sausage gravy, boiled eggs, the usual toast, bagel, muffin and waffles. There were fruit cups and milk, including skim. I thought it was a good value.
The Marriott complex is next to several restaurants. One is Cracker Barrel. It is also very close to a Travelers Information service. Inside is interesting with exhibits and a John Dillenger museum.

Room Tip: I was in Room 210 which was directly across from a drink machine and next to an elevator. This did not bother me, but I am hard of hearing, so it might bother those sensitive to noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Nice basic hotel. Clean room and lobby. Fitness center has a bike, treadmill and elliptical plus some nice dumb bells. They kept running out of breakfast items like skim milk fruit and peanut butter - mildly annoying. Curtains on the window did a poor job of blocking out the very bright street lamp outside my window - THAT was annoying. Also the towels were old an thin. Other than that it's not bad.

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review on our hotel. I apologize for the delay in my response. The staff and management team here are committed to making every guest's stay an enjoyable one. I am truly sorry that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay. If you decide to come this way in the future, please contact me personally so that I can ensure your stay will be better.
Lora Milroy

Reviewed August 29, 2011

This Fairfield Inn is co-located with a two other Marriott properties (Courtyard and Residence Inn). As the most economical, don't expect frills, but the rooms are decently clean and the beds were comfortable enough. I didn't have high expectations, so I was relatively pleased with what I got.

The location is right off Interstate 80 and Kennedy Avenue. They serve a modest breakfast and parking is free. This hotel is roughly 45 minutes to downtown Chicago in moderate traffic. Staff were nice and friendly. Room was generally clean, but some complaints were of the furniture needing replacement. My desk chair was heavily soiled, so I had to cover it with a bath towel before sitting on it. Also, my remote control was kinda gross, but other than that, they seemed to do a pretty good job of cleaning the rooms, and a bonus for me was that the A/C worked well! Lots of business guests seemed to be there. Oh yeah, my room was right next to the elevator, and there was a lot of loud "knocks," which were pretty annoying. I'm pretty sure I was one of the few lucky guests who got to experience those noises. lol

They do have an indoor swimming pool. Besides the complaints I mentioned, I would recommend this hotel, and stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay AWAY from the elevators!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I stopped here on my way from MI to Chicago. It is really easy to find- right off the express way with two other Marriot brand hotels. It was clean and I felt safe, but nothing fancy. I didn't swim, but the pool was operational and looked clean. The breakfast was quite basic with the only hot food oatmeal or a make-it-yourself waffle. Not much in the way of fruit- a fruit salad cup in the fridge. No complaints- you get what you pay for and this was much more reasonable then the other Marriot hotels here.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business