“Great stay, and I'm picky”

Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hammond
Baltimore, MD
“Great stay, and I'm picky”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We're in town for a funeral. They gave us such a fair rate we were able to do 2 rooms rather than cramming into one. The room is great, the breakfast is really great. The beds are comfortable, the maid service is excellent. I really have no complaints. We had a problem with a noisy air conditioner, they fixed it immediately. The rooms are "older" but I get the sense that is normal for this town. We were very happy with our stay and appreciate them being there for us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Christine C, General Manager at Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments during this time of your loss. Please accept our deepest condolences.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Allensville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The price was reasonable for the area and it was close to my daughter. So I chose it. First thing I found out when I got there was the pool has been closed down for a year. It is an older hotel and I do not mind older. I have stayed in older before and even some with minor mildew smell. But it has had some severe roof damage and mildew problems apparently. They placed us on the first floor and our room seemed decently clean. But the smell is atrocious. If you go upstairs (we did to go to the vending machine) it will knock you down. I thought "Hey... I can tough it out for one night". But had a difficult time sleeping because my friend who had traveled with me stayed in the other bed. Her breathing was very troubled and I worried for her all night. Feel so guilty now that I kept us in this hotel because now it appears that she caught mites from there. I guess my daughter & I were lucky that we slept in the other bed by the air conditioner. The people in the hotel were friendly and nice and due to my clean test (although I don't have a way to test for mites) the room appeared to have been cleaned very nicely. The room also looked very nice. I do not know what the strange smell in our room was. But the smells from upstairs was very strongly mold & mildew damage. Even with the nice fragrance they had spraying into the hall outside our room. I know that to fix this hotel would be so expensive but I hate to tell them they need to just go ahead and bulldoze it and start over. If you are looking for a cheaper place to stay and do not mind toughing it out a bit...you could carry some of the new spray for beds they are selling. There is also a decent restaurant right next door in the parking lot. Food was good, cheesecake was a slice of heaven, and the pina colados were great! I am giving it a higher cleanliness rating because I felt that the maids are doing the best they can at keeping the better rooms clean.

Room Tip: If you decide to go for the bargain ask for first floor only (no elevator and the smell upstairs is...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Christine C, Manager at Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Good or bad, we certainly appreciate all our customers comments & concerns. Renovations have been slowly started and will be getting on full swing this fall. When returning to the Hammond area please visit us again; and allow us the privilege of providing you with a hotel that the staff and management are proud of. Along with down home Hoosier Hospitality as it should be.

Travelers are raving about these Hammond hotels

San Diego
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Not a bad hotel but nothing great. It is a good place if you are going to be running into Chicago late to stay overnight at a decent price. It is 30 minutes outside of Chicago, depending on the time of day. The rooms were clean and the staff was courteous.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Yes, the property is not new, but it is clean. Shiela could not have gone out of her way to make our stay more pleasant. The room was larger than expected, and while not everything is brand new, it is comfortable and functionable. Room had micro, refrigerator, decent TV, coffee in room. Room had one sitting chair, and perhaps could have used another one. The walls are a bit thin and you might hear some noise, even the trains in the distance, but it should not keep you awake unless it's a party going on and you were not invited. Breakfast was decent, nothing over the top, but decent and satisfying. One heads up, there are no elevators and there is a second story, so if stairs are an issue, request a first floor. Also, there is a complimentary shuttle to and from the Horseshoe Casino.

Room Tip: ask for a room over looking the pool area so you do not have to look at the front parking lot. Goo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alan C
Park Falls
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We've used this facility many times and have always been satisfied. It is conveniently located for our needs and service is good,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is beyond words...all i can say is gross. as we walked down the hallway to our room, we noticed huge holes in the ceiling with wires hanging. The floors were filthy.. went to our room and it was worse. supposed to be a non smoking hotel and the room smelled of marijuana. i figured i could just bear it instead of complaining to the rude desk clerk that checked us in. so as we are trying to relax after driving from ohio, i can hear noises in the hallway.so i open the door to see whats going on...a few staff members talking laughing and playing around. really?? after about 20 to 25 mins of this nonsense..i put my belonging in my car and left.i wasnt even going to waste any of my time to complain...i wouldnt stay or ever return to this hotel..i wouldnt reccomend anyone stay there...i lost $100+ in that dump and if i were you i would drive down the street and pay LESS money to stay in a much nicer place. I could go on for days about the condition of the room but its not even worth anymore of my time..this place should be condemed..

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank jacke1122
Christine C, General Manager at Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I'm sorry you didn't have a good experiences on your stay. We are working on renovations. Please contact me so we can go into details on your stay. Thank you for taking the time to comment. The only why to improve is from comments from our guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammond
Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Ameristar Casino Hotel East Chicago
Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing

Been to Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!