“No Problems”

Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Hammond
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed for work, had to work an overnight shift and the staff was very accommodating for not interrupting me while sleeping during the day. Rooms were very nice, loved having a full size fridge. Was able to freeze and bring home some Fat Ricky's Deep Dish to take home. Breakfast was always ready when we got back from work. Quiet. Will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Claire D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for your kind words, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I appreciate you taking the time to review our property and am looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed with friends and family. Rooms are laid out nice. Very clean! Pool is warm and also very clean. Very easy to relax here. Note to management need bigger waste baskets in room and through hotel especially at the breakfast area. Definitely would recommend to the weary traveler or for an extended stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we were able to meet all of your needs. I sincerely appreciate your feedback in regards to the wastebaskets in both the rooms and breakfast area. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to the team. We hope to see you again soon, safe travels!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We got caught in a blizzard while driving on I-80/I-94 and needed to find a place to wait it out. We happened to be near Hammond and the Residence Inn had vacancy and allowed pets. They put my husband and I in a first floor studio which was convenient for the dog. During the stay, we had problems connecting to the internet. They resolved that very quickly. The front desk staff were more than helpful in getting us settled in. The next morning, the highways were opened up and we were able to continue on our way. The snow was so deep we had trouble getting the car out of the parking stall. Maintenance to the rescue! They shoveled us out and helped push us so we could be on our way. This was my first experience with Residence Inn and if they are all staffed with such excellent employees I will definitely be checking in with them again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KJ918
Claire D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for your review! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and even more pleased to hear your kind words about the entire staff! I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team. I hope you will visit us again soon if you ever find yourself in the area, although hopefully not as a result of a blizzard next time!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Hammond, Indiana is not a destination spot unless you're visiting someone in town or passing through (we were doing both). This hotel sits in a tucked-away little spot behind the I-80/94 ramps at Kennedy Avenue. There isn't much around -- even the nearest gas station is in the next town. But the location is great for interstate travelers. And if you happen to be looking for a dog-friendly hotel in Northwest Indiana, there aren't many.

The staff was very friendly -- even dropping off crayons, stickers and coloring paper for our daughter -- and we found the breakfast and afternoon happy hour quite good. Renovations were in progress on a nearby room and hallway during part of our stay, but only during the daytime. Before we left, everything was cleaned up like it never happened.

We were in a room on an outside wall on the first floor, and the outside temperature dipped to the single digits overnight. It wasn't the warmest place we'd ever stayed, but the heater was working hard. The room itself was large and comfortable.

Price was a little high for this area and an advance purchase, but you get more space for the money.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to accommodate your needs. I apolologize that there were slight renovations in progress during your stay but am happy to hear that it wasn't a disruption for you and your family. Thank you again for the review, we truly appreciate the recognition and kind words!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

There was a power outage when I arrived to check in. Since my suitcase was heavy and the elevators not working I requested a first floor room. Unfortunately, I was assigned a room right where everyone parks so I had zero privacy. At the complimentary breakfast the next a m, let's say that the guests were a bit dicey--bare feet, tattoos, and children about the age of 10-12 in their pajamas. The breakfast was unrivaled for the worst food! Half of the items were already depleted and not refilled (sausage, bacon, cereal, etc), the scrambled eggs and the pancakes were downright cold. There was an attendant who for some reason could not, would not or did not feel the need to provide for the guests. I had a reservation for 3 nights. I checked out the next morning!

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper floor/s, away from the arrival of new guests.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Claire D, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, and I apologize that your experience was anything less than perfect. I have shared your comments with the rest of the staff and I can assure you that we have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue you experienced. We are always looking to improve, therefore your comments and feedback is greatly appreciated. I invite you to give our hotel another try, and I welcome the opportunity to speak to you more about your recent stay.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our stay at The Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond was for my wife's family reunion. We stayed for 6 days. The room was spacious, two bedroom suite with a full kitchen. Three televisions two bathrooms and a fireplace. Now I know that seems odd talking about a fireplace in the middle of summer. but the weather was anything but that. The high barley made 80 degrees, My wife loves fireplaces so you know we had to try it out.
The hotel front desk staff was very friendly. Sean made sure we had everything we needed and explained the bill in detail. It was very quite (and that is saying a lot cause we had a 8 year old and a tween) The walls were very strong when it came to sound. The beds were comfortable and clean. The room did not have any odors.
The pool area was perfect. It was indoors and warm. We even got t use the outdoor basketball court. The hotel had a meet and greet on Wednesday outside. There was a very pretty lake right behind it (fenced off)
Breakfast was warm and actually good. We did not have to visit the Cracker Barrel next door for breakfast anyway.
The hotel was right off the highway but you could not hear the noise in your room. The only issue we had was with housekeeping. Because we stayed such a lengthy stay we constantly had to call to get service. One day we did not even get service.
With the exception of housekeeping, i would reccomend this hotel if you have to stay in the Chicago/Gary Indiana area.

Room Tip: If you have more than one kid, go fr the two bedroom option. Trust me you will thanks me!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank darkmusze

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. However, I apologize that the housekeeping service did not meet your needs. Our goal is to strive for excellence in guest service and to exceed expectations. I have shared your comments with my housekeeping staff and I can assure you that we have taken the appropriate actions to resolve the issue. Thank you again for your feedback, we appreciate the recognition, and hope for the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I wrote a review about this place and it never published so I thought I would try again. The staff was just okay. We had so many complaints over the several weeks we spent there and only a few were addressed. When we were finally able to reach a manager after some time we found out that the manager's position was open which accounts for so many problems. There was no one there to ensure that we received quality service. I would not stay there again, however I am pleased to report that we were compensated for the issue however we had to go all the way to Mr. Marriott's office to receive adequate compensation. I think that had there been a permanent manager on staff our issues would have been resolved quicker.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank drmmj

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Residence Inn Chicago Southeast. I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet all of your needs during your stay with us. Our goal here is to deliver superior guest service and exceed expectations. Therefore your feedback is extremely important for us to improve our level of service. I have shared these comments with my staff, and hope that you will give us another chance if ever in the area again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammond
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Munster
Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN? Share your experiences!