“best service ever”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Hammond
Poland, Indiana, United States
“best service ever”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

upon entering the building i was greeted by Megan at the front desk with a smile. she was very polite and made me feel right at home. i also encounted a few people on the cleaning staff as well as the resraunt and everyone seemed happy to have me as a guest, everyone was so friendly and i will visit again next time im in the area!!!

Room Tip: windows on upper floors have locks for safety however bottom floor room allow windows to fully open...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
dipti68, General Manager at Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for you comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your praise of our staff will be brought to their attention. Hoosier Hospitality is something we are proud of here in Northwest Indiana, and we are happy to have been acknowledged by you as achieving our goal.
Your concerns regarding the safety locks on windows, concern me as well. All of our windows have security safety locks in place. If yours did not have one, then it has been removed and our staff did not find that upon room inspection. I will get this corrected immediately.
Unfortunately this is a recurring problem with guests who try to smoke in the room and open the window to try and remedy the smoke smell. We have changed security locks a few times and have yet to find one impossible to remove from a determined individual. It is a constant battle we will continue to fight because safety of our guests is a paramount concern. Thank you again for your welcomed feeback.
Sincerly, Dipit Patel, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We payed $112 the first room we got the remote was broke and a nasty bug in the bathroom with hair all over the floor. So we go to the front desk she puts us in another room no bugs this time but bathroom floors still had hair on them. Bed wasn't to bad the pillows sucked woke up all night to flip and beat it to make it comfortable. The tvs outdated for the price and how nice the hotel is. One o the washcloths had man hair I assume from shaving looks like it was used and they just refolded it.. Not happy with the stay will be staying somewhere else..

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank awasson
dipti68, General Manager at Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I am so very sorry for your experience while staying at our hotel. It is certainly not the typical experience of our travelers. Our hotel is I Care 2 certified which means that our staff uses the newest techniques to clean a room uncluding ultra violet light inspections and sanitizing wands. Our remote controls are clean remotes with surfaces designed for less bacteria. When a remote fails to work it generally indicates a change in battery is needed.
Your experience is unfortunate and I will certainly bring your observations and issues to the attention of the Executive Housekeeper so she can follow up with her team. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know. It is through observations from guests such as yourself that we can improve. Hospitality is after all our business, and we take it seriously here at the Best Western.
Please provide me more information at admin@bestwesternnwi.com and let me see what I can find our regarding your stay.
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Everything was perfect with the exception on the furniture poolside. I was disappointed that there were no lounge chairs. There was tables and chairs but nothing to lie down on to relax or sunbathe. Overall it was a nice hotel

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank SassyTrucker
dipti68, Manager at Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I will take your comments regarding lounge chairs at the pool to our owners. It is an observation that has merit. A number of our guests prefer to just get some sun rather than get wet. Our chairs were damaged during recent bad weather. In addition we lose a certain percentage each year due to guest abuse. We have requested replacements. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your experiences. It is through guest observations, both negative and postive, that we are able to train and grow. We always strive to improve the things that we have control over, ie cleanliness, friendliness, speed of service. We regret the things that are absolutely beyond our control like location. It is nice when a guest is able to recognise the difference, and let us know how we did. Our staff appreciates your time and effort. Again, thank you.
Dipti Patel, GM
Collinsville, Texas
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The service is horrible! And for over 100.00 per night, no complimentary breakfast. Wouldn't have been so bad if the staff were friendly. Because of this experience, I will NEVER stay at another Best Western!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lukerider79
, General Manager at Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
I apologize for your experience. Our staff is generally thought to be friendly. If you could contact me via email and let me know the exact problem issues, and staff consulted, I would welcome the opportunity to research this further. It is our job to offer hospitality, I sincerely regret that we did not suceed in exceeding your expectations at our Best Western during your stay. Please let me know if I can be of any further service.

Travelers are raving about these Hammond hotels

Beavercreek, Ohio
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have stayed at the Hammond Best Western about once every two weeks for the past 6 months.

The desk staff, especially Andrew, has always been very courteous and helpful. The rooms are big and the water pressure is excellent (though when all the way on hot, it''s not quite "hot"). The lounge is nice. Small beer selection, but Chick the bartender more than makes up for it with his witty humor and pleasant conversation. I have not eaten in the restaurant, but it always smells like something good is cooking.

Yes, there are a lot of truckers and trucks, but it's to be expected along the road to Chicago. Never had a problem with noise. The area seems at first glance to be a little dangerous, but it's actually industrial and there are very few cars/people in the area at night. Have never felt unsafe.

Will check out the pool tomorrow when I stay there again.

Also, the vending machine prices are great! Not over-priced like most hotels. Lot's of bars within 5-10 minutes and restaurants everywhere.

Thanks BW!!

BW Gold Elite Member (platinum after tomorrow's stay!)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Christopher C
dipti68, General Manager at Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel online via Priceline. I then went online and read all the negative feedback. I was expecting the worse. However I was pleasantly surprised. All you people must be insane if you expect 5 star quality from a budget friendly hotel chain. I had a very good stay. I mean it wasn't a Westin or Hyatt but for the price I was quite comfortable. The beds were nice. Clean room. Chipped paint here and there but who cares. Fridge and microwave in room which is awesome since you can save on food. Overall nice stay. And the restaurant was very good. Home style goog ole cookin. No bells and whistles just good and a lot of it. The breakfast filled me belly.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ChicagoBizDude
dipti68, General Manager at Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for your review. We try to please everyone, but sometimes the guests who are happy with their stay, do not take the time to let us know. The unhappy guests are always willing to let us know. That can distort the picture, especially for those travelers who look to sites such as this, to make a determination of where to stay.
We appreciate you taking the time. We hope to see you again whenever your travel plans bring you back to Northwest Indiana.
Bangor, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I dined at their restaurant 2 nights out of 3 I stayed at the Motel 6 next door. It was pretty much the only game in town. I can't remember the name of this restaurant as trip advisor didn't have a listing for it but it was located on the bottom floor of Best Western. The waitress was the same both nights and very friendly and courteous. They do have a limited menu but both nights the meals came to the table hot and with a smile. The only other places to eat in the area are a couple of miles away and when your a trucking student with no transportation it was very convenient.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank You!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammond
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond
Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
Hampton Inn and Suites Munster

Been to Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn? Share your experiences!