“Chicago/NWI Pizza unlike anywhere else”
Review of House of Pizza

House of Pizza
Ranked #13 of 107 Restaurants in Hammond
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Hammond, Indiana
“Chicago/NWI Pizza unlike anywhere else”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Many of my in-laws have moved away from Chicago and the NWI region. When they come home to visit, we always go for pizza because they say they just can't get this kind of good pizza anywhere else in the country. House of Pizza is a good example of that one of a kind taste of Chicago pizza.

Indiana
“Excellent food & service”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We went there intending to get a pizza, but changed our minds when we saw the other selections that they had on the menu. Broasted Chicken...you just can't find that anywhere. And their prices were very reasonable. So, we changed our minds and had the half broasted chicken and the full slab of barbecued ribs. OMG, what a great choice. Both were so good and served hot. Our waitress was very friendly and we had great service. I would definitely go back.

• Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“House of Greasa!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Our company sometimes buys us lunch or dinner. I usually can't handle more than one bite. The pizza is always soaked in grease. I remember when it was one of my favorites. I guess I can't complain too much since I don't pay for it. But I will never order it for myself or my family.

1 Thank J G
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Region Style Thin Crust Pizza At Its Finest!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This place is awesome. Get the sausage thin crust pizza. The dough is masterfully made--a perfect example of Chicago Thin Crust Pizza. The sauce is herbal and well balanced. The right amount of cheese is always used. Every time I go here, it just seems better and better.

I've been eating House of Pizza since the 80s. Now that I live in NC, I make a special point of going to HoP every time I am in town.

To all the negative reviewers: get the pizza. This is Hammond, baby! What did you expect?

It's dark inside. Paneling. Dim lighting. All tavern-y. The place screams Region Pizza!

• Visited July 2012
Beecher, Illinois
“dangerous. dont go”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

the food is ok. but the crowd is scary. unless you understand the area, dont go

• Visited December 2011