“evwrything is great.”

Ranked #7 of 107 Restaurants in Hammond
Beecher, Illinois
“evwrything is great.”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

never had a bad meal. they have thw best pancakes in hammond

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank moononk

A TripAdvisor Member
“Bad Managamenet”
Reviewed February 2, 2005

The Wheel is a nace place but their management it horrible. Here is a letter I wrote after an incident there.

Wheel Restaurant Owners & Management,
On the evening of 2/2/05 my family and I ate at your establishment and I encountered an issue with your management at that given time. Let me state that I have been coming to your restaurant regularly for the last seven years, since I moved to Indiana and I never had a negative experience until last night. On the night of 2/2/05 I ordered the Chicken Alfredo Dinner. As I was eating I noticed hair in my food. I immediately informed my waitress and she said she would get management to come to my table. This is where the problem comes in. First the waitress took the rest of my food, and then the manager did not ever come to my table. However, what he proceeded to do was to go examine the hair and then he proceeded to see if anyone who worked there had curly hair (these were his words to me when I went to pay). He then decided no one had curly hair and basically there was nothing he could do. From his comments he seemed to imply that the hair was from me and like I stated he never communicated anything to me until I got to the front. That is poor management!
Now on the last occasion I was in the Wheel Restaurant I witnessed another couple being treated in a similar manner as I was. It just so happened that this couple just like me was African-American. I don’t know if this is the issue, but I feel that on last night 2/2/05 I paid for my meal and didn’t not receive the service that my money paid for. If I had cheated your establishment I think you would call that stealing. I felt that the manager was more interested in getting me to pay than he was concerned about the lack of quality in the service your restaurant was suppose to render to me as a consumer. My wife made more of a fuss than me because I decided that I would no longer be coming to you establishment if this were the treatment I would get for being a loyal customer. I think that having a hair in my food is nasty and unsanitary. Also I think if the manager was focused on charging me he should have at least replaced the meal because the waitress took the rest of my food. All in all I’m very disappointed in what happened last night. I’m disappointed the most because my family and I truly enjoy the Wheel. I hope that this isn’t and issue of color and I hope that this is not the regular treatment of your customers. The management last night was poor, I know you are in business to make money and I have no problem with that and I have no problem paying for your services. However, I think that you all need to take more responsibility when your service and quality is not where it should be and last night you all did not do that. I hope you all address the issues at your restaurant ASAP.

Sincerely Yours,