Tripadvisor
Hammond
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews walk in shower spacious room clean and safe place newer hotel family reunion staff was friendly location is great no issues place to stay off the highway definitely stay here again excellent stay nice hotel business trip complimentary breakfast enjoyed my stay from chicago
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was told that we would have a pack n play. Received a broken pack n play that would not stay in open position and no mattress. Given blankets to use as mattress. Toddler cried all night. Did not sleep. Moved her to my bed at 7am and stayed awake to watch her so she wouldnt fall.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Tammi S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Schmiday,

Thank you for sharing your experience with your fellow travelers. I cannot express the horror I felt as a mom, when I read this and apologize for this ever occurring. I did speak with the front desk attendant, young single male, and he pretty much looked like a deer in headlights as far as a Pac-n-play is concerned. He has now been given lessons on not only how to set one up put properly but also how to make sure they are safe for our smallest guests.
I again apologize this was your experience, which was totally unacceptable and very much out of our norm.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Awesome experience . Everything was great. Nothing bad to say! I would definitely be back. I would recommend this place to family, co workers and friends. Bed was comfy. Breakfast was awesome. Room was clean!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Tammi S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear skrouth, thank you for your kind words, it appears you enjoyed your visit and the time you spent with us. I am not sure why with such a great review we failed in your rating with one star however if there was something that wasn't up to par please don't hesitate to contact me at the hotel to discuss what we could have done better. Thank you again for your kind words and for your business. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 9, 2020

Walls a little dirty and the chair had stains all over it, but the staff alone is worth the continued stay. Great help at breakfast, made my family feel welcomed, and the manager took the time to meet with everyone in the breakfast area. Great job staff! We will be returning because of the customer service.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Tammi S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2020

Dear brunm01,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travelers. I apologize for the condition of the walls and have had the maintenance staff address these throughout the property as well as the upkeep of the chairs. It was a pleasure meeting you at breakfast and look forward to your return. Be safe in your travels and thank you again for your time and your business.

Tammi K.

Reviewed December 12, 2019

This was not your typical Hampton. The gal at check in was very curt and almost rude and wanted to argue with me about something trivial. Elevator was dirt and slow at best and the carpets were nasty. Breakfast at this hotel was nothing to write home about. Blue collar hotel for sure.

Room tip: Ground floor will save you the wait time for slow elevators
Date of stay: November 2019
Tammi S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2019

Dear SE,
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. I am very sorry your visit was not up to our normal standard and the hotel did not present itself in good condition. Our staff works diligently on the upkeep and at times people come in from work with mud and dirt on their boots and it isn't cleaned right away. I will address this with the common area staff and have them keep a more diligent eye out for things of this nature. Our carpets are relatively new with a light grey background which if you were not aware could be perceived as nasty. I will however check when the last cleaning took place. As far as the breakfast, Hampton just redid our breakfast offerings and I am sorry there wasn't anything that appealed to you, we don't often have people leave hungry. Thank you again for your feedback and again I am sorry your visit was not the best.

Reviewed December 2, 2019

My last few stays at a Hilton Brand hotel have been disappointing. From cleaning the room to quality of food cooked (or employees knowing how to cook) has been lacking. I am beginning to rethink staying at Hilton hotels.

Date of stay: November 2019
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Tammi S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2019

Dear mms2019, Thank you for your feedback concerning Hilton hotels. I am sorry for the experiences you have had recently with the brands and hope that by bringing these concerns to each of the individual properties your feedback will be addressed and the quality of your stays will be better in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and for your business.