“Hard to find a better value”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Order Online
Ranked #107 of 225 Restaurants in Greenwood
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Hard to find a better value for lunch. Read a few bad reviews of this place in the past. Our experience eating here once a week for past couple of months seems they have improved. Pretty much and endless variety to choose from. It’s not home cooked and may need to add some salt and pepper to vegetables but pretty darn good. The meat loaf and vegetables are my favorite. We skip the bread because all they have is awful margarine. Would be 5 stars if had real butter.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (32)

Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

I was surprised to see they have replaced the honey butter with honey margarine. Not the same flavor wise. My DH and I both had trouble finding things we liked to eat. The hot food wasn’t hot and the cold food wasn’t cold. Reminded me more of a Hometown Buffet and not the quality I expect from a Golden Corral. The sweet tea was sweet but had a terrible aftertaste. It made me wonder why they don’t filter their water for drinks and ice cubes. If they do...I would say the filter needed changed. I was not impressed.

Date of visit: August 2019
Golden C, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Corral, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2019

When you're disappointed, we're disappointed. Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve -- we're listening! Come back soon and give us a chance to impress you!

Reviewed July 21, 2019

For starters, the air-conditioning was not working on the 102 degree heat index day we visited. Staff said it had been down for two weeks. Men's bathroom was horribly neglected and many of the food items were empty. Fried chicken quality was terrible -- not sure if it had been sitting there for so long or if it was just cooked to a dry crisp. The steak as fairly decent and the dessert items seemed acceptable. This location was really decent just 4 - 5 years ago. I will not return until they clean up their act. Certainly not worth $14 bucks.

I will say that our server was very pleasant and a hard worker -- which must have taken a lot of effort given the hot working conditions she was working under.

Date of visit: July 2019
Golden C, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Corral, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2019

Hi! It sounds like we need to know more about this. Please send the details in via our Contact Form so that our Customer Care team can follow up ASAP: https://www.gccustomercare.com/

Reviewed July 3, 2019

I'm sure most people have heard of the Golden Corral. But lots may not have tried it. For a buffet - it's probably the best. So many options which are watched constantly to keep the food items fresh. They have special meals all the time- a steak at dinner( after 4 pm) which is very very good. And their fried chicken is one of the best in Indy. I cant describe every item- but they have something very good for any age- seniors to youngsters. The deserts are just special. You just gotta try most of them.
AND the amazing thing is - the cost is unbelievably reasonable- family of 4 dinner less than $50. It's also open for breakfast and lunch at reduced pricing.
Very good food, very good options, very good prices,very good service. It's a can't miss place for families with children- or just a single. If you never tried a buffet- Golden Corral is the best - try it !

Date of visit: June 2019

Your 5-star review just made our day! We always strive to delight our guests, and sincerely appreciate it when you choose to dine with us.

Reviewed June 30, 2019

I have been disappointed with my local golden corral in plainfield recently so I decided to drive to the southside to see if this one was any better. And i think its worse. Golden corral has recently cut out there best breakfast item the breakfast burrito and replace it with cheaper lesser items. This seems to be everywhere I believe. Big mistake those were really good. The food in all was a little worse in greenwood I believe. I couldn't even get a fork through the pancakes. The bacon wasn't crispy and they seemed to have a smaller selection. But the worst part was the service. The waitress never even came around once to refill my drink. it was reflected in her tip which was a 0. I work in the service industry so it takes a lot for me not to tip a waitress. But not ever coming around to fill my drink will certainly do it. Golden corral in general has gone down hill over the years. all the commercials about sirloin steaks..etc. they are actually a pretty low quality of meat. It will probably be a long time before I go to a golden corral again and I certainly wont ever come back to this location in greenwood.

Date of visit: June 2019

That's not what we want to hear. Please let our management team know what happened by visiting https://www.gccustomercare.com/

Been to Golden Corral? Share your experiences!