“Bland”

Good for: Families with children
Greenwood, Indiana
“Bland”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My family of four went here in September for something different. We normally go to Kabuto's on 31. The food was bland. The chef did not do anything but cook the food and was not very entertaining. We expected a bit more considering how much we spent but were sorely dissapointed. Will stick to Kabuto's from now on.

Visited September 2013

Greenwood, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible food and sushi”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Worst hibachi on the south side. Their idea of vegetables is only onion and zucchini. Sushi was horrible. They must not keep fresh fish as they sear their fish on hibachi and wrap in rice, disgusting.

• Visited March 2013
North Vernon, Indiana
“Disgusting sushi, even worse customer service.”
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

This place was a disgrace to the restaurant industry. Not was the customer service terrible, the food was disgusting.

When I walked in, nobody greeted me so I stood in the doorway until someone noticed me. I was seated finally. The waiter was rude and had no personality. I love sushi and usually if you ask what their best sushi roll is, they will tell you all about it. He shrugged his shoulders and didn't have anything to say.

So...I ordered a California roll and a spicy salmon roll. When I received my food, the presentation was ridiculously unattractive. The spicy salmon roll had yum yum sauce everywhere and in excess. I do not want 300 calories worth of sauce. I scraped some of it off. It didn't taste too awful. Then I got to the California roll. The imitation crab tasted rotten.Nothing about this sushi was fresh. This was the first time in my life that I couldnt eat my sushi. I've had better sushi on a buffet at a Chinese restaurant.

No wonder the last positive experience was written in 2012. Don't waste your time.

“Don't go for the show.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went for lunch on a holiday. We were greeted and seated promptly. Our waiter was efficient, but didn't ask for our preferences. He was all business. Our was barely friendly. He did smile, but chef no show, no personality, not even a volcano. (If you want an affordable show, try Kabuto.)

On the positive side, the food was good and plentiful (for lunch). We received our check promptly and were told goodbye. I would go again...for the food.

2 Thank boilerbop
Indianapo
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Dinner wasn't too bad. The cook was pretty good. The vegetables were really undercooked. The problem came when I tried to use a coupon from The Entertainment Book. The coupon was $10 off of total bill of $40 or more valid anytime. When I presented the coupon the owner smiled and told me I couldn't use it today and to come back another time to use it. I asked him if he was joking and he assured me that no he was serious. He stated we couldn't use a coupon on a holiday (It was Labor Day). I showed him where it was printed "valid anytime" on the coupon. He said sorry, that's a mistake. I told him that I was sorry but I'm paying $10 less than the bill. I couldn't believe I was getting this from the owner. I don't think I'll ever go back.

• Visited September 2012