“Most fun place on the south-side!”
Review of Vino villa

Vino villa
Ranked #8 of 184 Restaurants in Greenwood
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Most fun place on the south-side!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have been here a few times & each time is a treat. The wine selection is great, good pricing, and the food is quite good too! Everyone is so friendly and helpful. The fact that is is in an old house and you can choose a table, or couch, just makes the ambiance and experience all the better. I always look forward to a trip here.

• Visited August 2013

Greenwood
“Best restaurant in Greenwood!!!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I have been here 3 times & have loved everything I had everytime. They have a pretty decent wine list by the glass & are very reasonable by the bottle as u can pick out whatever bottle u want from the wine shop on the 1st floor & just pay reasonable retail + $7.50 corking fee. It may not sound like a deal at 1st but definitely is compared to buying 4 glasses of most of their wines by the glass. And...I don't think the glass prices are bad either for most of them. But...they are way more than a place to get a good beverage....the food is AMAZING!!!! I have never had anything I didn't love!!!! I like most any food (not picky) but I prefer GOOD food (fresh, quality ingredients). I hate paying too much at most chains for mediocre food & for a glass of average wine that I could buy a whole bottle for in the grocery. Ugh. Anyway, at Vino Villa..I've tried the cheese plate w/ Tasso ham on side....super yummy w/ glass of Trivento Malbec (my fave red glass there). Also, the muffuletta is to DIE for if u like olives!!!! So delicious!!!! Next faves are the smoked duck small plate & the baked Brie plate. Also, love their homemade pizzas!!! Have had the chicken pesto & the goat in the garden; both great choices!!! Have been here 2x with friends & last time w/ my mom who knows her wine & food. ;) she loved the spinach salad & pizza we shared (good portions) & wants to bring my dad here next time she visits & he is extremely choosy w/ his dining options so that says a lot in my opinion. other tidbits are that the Calling all angels Chardonnay is good for white option & the Wente Pinot Noir is wonderful too for a lighter red. Finally, they don't serve hard alcohol but they do have beer for non wine drinkers. But...who doesn't like wine?! Jk. Honestly, everything is super...just don't go when I do..that way I can get a seat. ;)

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Not just a wine and cheese shop! Excellent cuisine!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Vino Villa is a deceptive place: it looks like a vintage house, first floor is a top notch wine a cheese (etc) shop, and second floor is an exquisite bistro. Salads, sliders, small plates and desserts primarily. My husband and I just got a pizza and some Italian sliders and it was more than enough for lunch.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth E
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
“Great Addition to Greenwood”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

If you love wine and small plates, you must try this place! I have been probably 15 times and will continue to go back. The food is good and not boring. They have a wonderful antipasto plate. If you don't like one of the normal cheeses that comes on it, they will substitute for you. There is a nice selection of wine and they let you sample if you are unsure which wine you want. Paul, the owner, is friendly and customer focused. There have been times service was a little slow, but overall it is fine. I have read the other reviews. This is NOT a winery. They have a wine shop on the first floor with specialty cheeses and other foods to buy. It is a good selection of wine and not the mass produced wine generally found at the grocery store. The second and third floors have various seating for eating and drinking wine. They also have a few micro beers on the menu. The patio is a nice addition in the last year or so. The building is beautiful and woodwork is gorgeous. You must try this if you are in the location of Greenwood.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Penny D
Greenwood, Indiana
“Great Food, darling place”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Had lunch today with a friend at Vino Villa. It was my first visit, and in fact had not heard of it previously, (which is sad when you think there are so few independent restaurants in Greenwood.) We split a caprese salad and a carnivore pizza. It was served with a little onion, which probably would not have sounded good to me, but was delicious. The ingredients were very fresh, best one I have had this summer. The pizza was also delicious, did not eat the entire thing even with the two of us. We did indulge in a little wine with lunch, seemed a waste not to with it being a winery and the great selection that tempts you in the room you upon arriving. Her red was dry and bountiful my white crisp and cool. The building is beautiful, woodwork gorgeous. Service was very slow or it would have received 5 stars. Once we ordered it speeded up nicely and ended well. If only restauranteurs would realize if you get guests a drink immediately, you can take a little longer with the next step. Terrible to wait for the first drink or to know if anyone knows you're even in the room. Will be back...

• Visited September 2013