“Very outdated!”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Greenwood
Rushville, Indiana
“Very outdated!”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We were very disapointed in this hotel when we arrived. We were staying for our 4 yr anniversary and not a good experience. As soon as we walked into the hallway it was very dark and smelled very bad... We open the door to the room and ohhh my god, it was very outdated.. We couldn't have tv on cause the volume didn't work... The carpet is very sticky. The bed is very hard. Will not stay there again. If i could of got my money back i would have..

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank not_happy6979
patient00, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Fantasuites, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Current Management has recently launched a continuous improvement process encompassing both maintaining guest rooms' integrity as well as enhansing guest satisfaction. However, in view of the unique set up of them theme suites and the varying character of guests, the saying that goes "somebody's pleasure could very well be somebody's else pain" may very well apply here. This suite is supposed to be dark enough to resemble that of a cave. As for the TV, no prior reports were received concerning the sound and when maitenance was asked to check it, it was found OK. The bed is one of the newer ones and was noted by others to be in good condition. The suite is supposed to be a smoking one, yes. When a guest is allergic to cigarte smoke, they selectively check into non smoking suites. The guest in question never asked for a non smoking suite. It is amazing what some people may come up with when they don't get what they have in mind after using the facility.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Martinsville, Indiana
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I found the place online and liked the concept of it. I was disappointed as I soon as I opened the door. The smell of cigarette smoke was over whelming. The room was in poor shape. There was mildew on the shower curtain. The tiolet was dirty or stained. The wallpaper was peeling off. The bedding had numerous cigarette burns in it. The bed was hard as a rock. I had to make a trip to Kmart to buy sheets,blanket and Febreeze. We tried to make the best of it and will look back and laugh. What else is there to do except cry! NEEDS TO BE UPDATED AND CLEANED!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank angiem1169

Travelers are raving about these Greenwood hotels

Staunton, Indiana
Reviewed January 30, 2011

We stayed in Le Cave this was not worth the money. Room smelled of cigarette smoke. Uncomfortable chairs. Bed was like a thin mattress on a concrete slab. Carpet felt "dirty" when you walked on it. The best thing was the whirlpool!

Realized too late we could have spent an extra $20 and gotten a deluxe whirlpool room at Sybaris, which we have stayed in the past, and is WELL woth the money. Just wanted to try something new....WHAT A MISTAKE -

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pampatt
Indiana
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Yes, this hotel is a little outdated. However, the staff is some of the friendliest I have ever encountered and they go out of the way to be pleasant and helpful. If you and your partner want to get away for a very reasonable price, this is your destination. Not a place I would reccommend for a honeymoon but the perfect place for a little weekend adventure!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Pendleton, Indiana
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I booked the Le Cave room for my boyfriends birthday and we were both blown away. First of all the staff was so friendly and helpful and second the room was extremely clean. I was skeptical at first from reading the reviews but found the room was just wonderful. The area is safe and I had no fear walking to some nearby shops. I would recommend this stay for anyone looking for a relaxing romantic night. We have a great memory we will never forget. Some people on here complained about a musty smell but I think that is just due to the gigantic hot tub and the smell was not something that would make me not stay. Im excited to check out the other rooms they have to offer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ddetches
indiana
Reviewed September 15, 2010

The thing to remember is that this establishment is not the kind of place you go to for it's high standards. It's not a place to stay when you are on vacation. It's a place built for a "Romantic" getaway. If you don't go in with an open mind it will not be an enjoyable time. You also can't let the price fool you that is don't expect the same things that you would get at a normal hotel that you would pay the same rates for. If you go in with the plan to spend a enjoyable fun filled evening with your significant other and keep your attention on each other then the theme lends it's self to the enjoyment. My wife and I had different opinions when we first entered the room. I had read several reviews and was expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised. She had expectations based off of the rate and was disappointed. I had read the the place was really dirty and while it was not hospital clean I would say that when you consider the age of the establishment most of what could be viewed as dirty is more a ware factor which kind of worked for our room as we stayed in the mid-evil castle room. The only time there was an dirt issue was in the hot tub it looked like they had caulked portions of the tub and there was residue left when my wife took a bubble bath the residue got on the bubbles. after further examination we determined it was not filth but rather a lack of post repair clean up. My wife's expectations we based on rate she expected perfection based on what we paid and once she got over that we a had a very good time. I'm glad we went but we will probably go to a more mainstream establishment on our next anniversary.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
desoto
Reviewed June 5, 2010

We stayed in the Le Cave Suite and it was really wonderful. While somethings could use a bit of improvement, all in all we were very happy. The whirlpool alone was worth it. It's huge. Like two people can swim around huge. Same with the shower, very spacious. I was worried about the bed, it seem like some kind of foam mattress and I have back issues but I slept well and my back didn't hurt when I woke up. It's very private, no one bothering you and the fantasy suites are off in thier own wing. I didn't want to leave, it's very realistic. The front desk people seemed very helpful.
Don't be scared by the very rough looking outside, it's actually great inside. Seriously loved it.
*note: I did have to move the lamp around quite a bit to try to get a decent photo.*

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood
Downtown Indianapolis
The Alexander
The Alexander
#6 of 179 in Indianapolis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,407 reviews

Been to Red Carpet Inn Fantasuites? Share your experiences!