“destroyed our honeymoon!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Greenwood
Robinson, Illinois
“destroyed our honeymoon!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had looked on the internet at the rooms and they looked really nice. When we arrived from our wedding wow what a horrable surprise..... In august the outdoor pool had no water in it. looked like it was empty for years, weeds all grown up around pool and hotel. Then room smelled horrable, dirty, small and cheesey.... romantic? omg no. Ever go back? omg no. I do not recommend anybody going to this hotel. And to get my honeymoon memories replaced? You cant go back in time. The weekend we were there all the hotels were booked for gen con 2012 and it was impossible to find something else. Beware people go somewhere else.......

Room Tip: Dont go to this establishment at all!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank amber g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Shoals, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had 3 families, that had reservations at this hotel through an on line reservation with confirmations for all 3 rooms, with quoted prices for all 3 rooms. Called the day of the reservation and asked for another room and that was granted for the same price of the other rooms. Got to the Inn, and the young girl at the desk stated that the room rates had gone up, and the 4th room was not available now. I had paperwork printed with confirmation and prices for the other 3 rooms, and the Hotel manager said he could raise his rates at his discretion, and that we were not welcome to stay at his hotel, if we did not want to pay his new price rate increase. I asked for his name, because he and his front desk employees had no name tags on. He refused to tell me his name and said I could call him Doc, when I called the Better Business Bureau. He told me that he would get 125.00 for the rooms we had booked, if we didn't like the rates he was asking for. We had plans to stay the night and have a family trip to the zoo and museum the next day, and needless to say we did not stay at this Inn. Very upsetting to me, when I know that rates can change because I work in another hotel, (but we at our hotel) accept the rates given at the time of booking because we want our guest to be happy and want them to come back. If you want people to give you good ratings , then Good Public Relations is a must! This Manager had none of these in consideration, and can understand why the reviews for this hotel are not good. He also stated that the reason we were staying at his hotel, was because it was cheap, and I stated that "No we booked at this Inn because of location to where we were going the next day! Very Poor Customer service on the Manager's part and his young girls working at the desk in their pajama's and no shoes! Also, more sad that our family outing was cancelled because of his Managerial skills, and sorry for the people who may come in after us and had to pay for his greed!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank joni b
patient00, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Fantasuites, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
This lady was being unreasonable. She knew there were multiple events in town and all other hotels rates were two to three fold higher than ours. Although our policy [posted at the front desk and our websites] says that rack rates don't apply during special events, we were prepared to work with her as we did with others. However, her attitude was intolerable. She was rude and had somebody else with her that kept insulting the front desk staff. She was holding and waving a piece of paper that she wrote as if it was the holy bible. One could hear her screaming a mile away. We were very busy and certainly didn't need that kind of drama. Hopefully this was a lesson for her to improve on her manners.

Travelers are raving about these Greenwood hotels

Danville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

For the price the rooms were decorated well an clean.
Bed good,hot tub work well.food close. Great resterants a little drive.
Mall by resteraunts.outlet mall in Warsaw.We wern`t there to sleep,Adult fun was the goal.Good prices an amenities.

Room Tip: Egypitian room,bed hard,hot tub great.T.V.Good reception and choice of channels playboy included. A...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Greenwood, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at this dirty mouse infested hotel this summer it was disgusting. The whole stay was terrible. It started when I was quoted one price over the phone and they kept adding all kinds of fees. The mattress in my room looked thirty years old and had what looked like uriine staines all over it. It only got worse I saw a mouse in my bathroom that night. The next morning when I went for the complementary breakfast the dining room smelt like crap. Litterally raw sewage coming up from the kitchen sink. Why this place is still allowed to be open to the public is beyond me. Do not give these lazy, greedy dirty people your money. THEY MUST BE STOPPED.

Room Tip: DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY. These people should be closed down
5 Thank sherry s
patient00, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Fantasuites, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
This reviewer checked into one of the weekly stay rooms back in February ( on February 20th, 2012 to be exact) with her two teenage daughters and husband (who is much of a gentleman). Since then, Greenwood Police have been called constantly to the site because of the problems she had with her daughters and husband. The older of the two daughters ended up in Juvenile. She begged to be employed as a housekeeper and when given a chance was found utterly useless and was consequently fired. She picked up a physical fight with one of the front desk staff and ended up in court. She endlessly used the phone facility, including the long distance option, yet refused to pay the charges. She often cleared the breakfast room from all the food/juices/milk, etc., until she was deprived from entering the breakfast facility altogether. She constantly stole linen from the laundry room, used it and simply dumped it in the dumpster, until she was caught and banned from hanging around the laundry facility. She was asked to leave several times and because of her husband was allowed to stay over. She was finally kicked out and her husband was allowed to stay without her. The husband and daughter are still staying with us with the provision that she stays away from the premises. It was explained to us that when she misses medication, there is no telling what she might do. The irony is, hotel management was facilitating her travels to and back from the hospital, among lots of other things, at no charge. May God help her family and whoever has to put up with her.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel is not just very outdated on the outside and inside it is just gross! My husband booked this online for our Anniversary. It was not cheap first of all. When we pulled up to the front of the building I swear I thought it was no longer in business because of the outside appearance. It took my husband over 10 minutes to check in because they could not find the reservation. Then they told us we could not check in. It was 10 till 4. Check in is at 4. So we waited. Walked down the hall at 4:01. A smell hits you as you walk in the door. The hall way is long and dark, dirty wall paper with pieces missing and replaced with mismatched wall paper. I had a lot of time in the hall because in our room was 3 very unprofessional ladies, dressed in street clothes, cleaning the room. It took them until 4:15 to get the room done. I did notice that with their cleaning cart was a huge yellow container that said "INSECTS ONLY"! Ewwww gross!! The room, I will spare the details, let's just say there is nothing romantic about Cupids Corner! The entire hotel is outdated and needs a serious makeover. I am upset that they are getting away with charging so much for a room that is not worth that kind of money. I now wish I would have taken pictures!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank T-blahs
Hollister, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Avoid this place at all costs. Unhealthy & Unclean rooms & unsanitary mattresses. Management shows no concern in the bed bug infestation. The owner/manager believes he can just refund monies paid & take on the next unsuspecting travelors.

6 Thank jeanne s
patient00, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Fantasuites, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
This is a sick lady that is trying to sneak in a review again. She did that earlier and was removed shortly after it was published. She is a mentally disturbed person that doesn't qualify to write this review. That is all I am going to say for now. Pls. remove it as quickly as you can. Thank you.
Yuma, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

This was a fantastic place to stay this summer. In July, my son attended the National Youth Bowling Tournament in Indianapolis and we stayed at this wonderful place. Although they are in the middle of renovating the Hotel, it was by far one of the best experiences I have had at a Hotel. Surrounded by beautiful trees around the property. It was like staying out in the country, yet just a few blocks away there was everything and more. Shopping malls, resteraunts, and much, much more. The people there were very friendly and did not hesitate to accomodate us with what we needed for our week long stay. The themed rooms were the best part of the Hotel. If you ever want to get away with your loved one, or just by yourself, I strongly recommend staying at this Hotel. I really enjoyed my stay. I wish I couldv'e stayed longer. Great place to get away, no matter what State you may live in.

Room Tip: Themed rooms are awesome!
2 Thank Sharrie S
patient00, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Fantasuites, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Management truly enjoyed having such high caliber guests who made everyone on the staff feel proud of the job he/she was doing. Although doing rennovations could embark on the convenience of any guest, they were receptive and understanding knowing that that was being done for the guests ultimate satisfaction. Because of their positive profile and disposition, they seem to have enjoyed everything associated with their stay, including the landscape, the location, touring the theme suites, and the rest. Hosting this elite class of guests makes it all worthwhile. We will certainly continue to do our best and gladly welcome back the beloved guests from Arizona anytime.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood
Downtown Indianapolis
The Alexander
The Alexander
#7 of 178 in Indianapolis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,183 reviews

Been to Red Carpet Inn Fantasuites? Share your experiences!