“Good place for the experience”

Red Carpet Inn Fantasuites
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Greenwood
Dayton, Ohio
“Good place for the experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

This was our second stay here. The first was around 6 years ago and was in the Jungle Safari room. This time was in the Arabian Nights room. This review is limited to this trip but may make a few comparisons to previous trip.

This is a themed room hotel, so don't expect a plush downtown hotel although the rates are about the same. IMO, the difference is that when you go here, you are expecting to be in the room a lot more than you would be in a higher-end hotel as this is more of a couples destination.

The bed was very comfortable. To me, it was just the right mix of firm vs soft and allowed for a very restful sleep.

The whirlpool is close to the size of a hot tub you would typically see outdoors. Not quite as big but bigger than you typically see in a jacuzzi in a hotel room. It was big enough for two people to easily stretch out and enjoy. Very relaxing!

It is an older hotel. Personally, I had no problems with cleanliness. There was what I would call normal wear and tear in the room, but others might have issues, depends on what you are used to.

The pool? Well, it was the middle of July and the pool was not open. It was still covered. It didn't bother me but the front page of the website advertises an Olympic size outdoor pool and if it is not going to be open in the middle of the summer, then when would it be open is my question.

Service? OK, here is why I rated below average. First, the door we were told was the closest to access our room from did not let us in. I'm not sure if the keycard thing wasn't working or what, but we had unloaded all of out luggage to try and make one trip and ended up having to reload the car and find a different entrance. We did, but we wish we would have known. Maybe I wasn't clear on where to go in either, who knows? We were able to get out using that door though. Second, my guess is that the fantasuites rooms, which are all down one hallway of a different building from the lobby are the main draw. Well, the ice machine in this area was turned off with a sign directing you to go to the one in the main lobby, which is a different building. To me, you should have conveniences available for the area of the main draw for your hotel. That was probably my biggest issue.

Overall, it was a fun experience for the hot tub, the bed, and the themed room, it all plays out. My wife and I both agreed that it was a lot different from what we remember though. Maybe we are just older now and have stayed in more plush rooms since then. I'm not sure. To us, there was enough good to overcome the inconveniences. If you want a room experience that you are unlikely to find most other places combined with a great hot tub and comfortable bed all in the "setting" of your choice, then this would be a good choice.

Room Tip: We got a cheaper rate and free bottle of champagne by calling instead of booking online.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

We stayed in the Desert Nights room for our anniversary and enjoyed it very much. The room was clean and had a fresh smell to it. It was a non-smoking room. It was a big size room and the oversized jacuzzi tub was luxurious. We only saw the staff at check in and check out and they were friendly, courteous and personable. We have stayed here 7 or 8 times over the last 15 yrs and have never had a problem. The new management seems to really care that your stay is pleasant.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

yes we stayed in the casino room and it was amazing, the only problem we had was which theme room did we want to try out. so were going to settle it by coming back till we've explored every theme. it was some of the most fun we've had outside oour house in a long time. thanks red carpet. see u soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: close your eyes and say stop on the theme screen
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank luckyjones
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2011

I reviewed some of the views on here and was slightly discouraged. But, for my entertainment I decided to go ahead and give it a try. Because I am local, they gave me the opportunity to see the room that I would be in. I went there a couple days before my reservation to check it out. What I found was that the maids did not clean it up, yet. The lady reassured me that it would be clean and ready on our arrival. The night we reserved, we arrived and was greeted by whom I believe to be the owner. He checked us in and called me by my name. Went to our room and to my astonishment, it was very clean ( I even checked the big mirror and not a spot.) Now, the bed was a little hard. But, he said it was from being new. I went back into the lobby a little later to get a couple more pillows and received new pillows. Once, again he remember me by name. My wife and I will definitely be back to stay in a different room each time. We stayed in the Pharaohs Chamber. It felt like stepping in to a museum, kind of.

Room Tip: This room was a smokers room.
1 Thank GreenFieldIndy
peru
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2011

My husband and I booked a room for our 10 yr wedding anniversary over the phone. When we arrived on that day we were informed we were booked for Feb instead of March and considered no shows. The manager said he had documentation and he took the order his self. We told him obviously he made a mistake because we KNOW when our anniversary is! He was very rude and we had to argue for an hour before he finally admitted he could have made a mistake. We were finally given a room not the one we had booked ofcourse. When we got into the room it had not been cleaned and we had to have someone come in and he said it had been cleaned it just needed vacuumed and bed made!!! When I filled the whirlpool later the bubbles were covered in brown scummy dirt!!! I had to drain and clean it! The carpet was stiff and sticky and the bed lines were hard and ancient! It could have been a nice room but the housekeeping and upkeep must be terrible. I will not be going back.

2 Thank heytherePeru
patient00, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Fantasuites, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Reservation was made on Feb 10th for Feb 26th. The guests in question showed up March 26th and claimed it was their anniversary. They were presented with documents showing such a mistake could never happen and that the suite remained vacant that night. They had never bothered even to call all this time. The lady went on screaming in the lobby with obscene language and was told the police would be involved if she didn't stop. The husband, more of a gentleman, apologised for her. They were then given a suite, of their choice, at half price. Everything else is nonfactual.

Travelers are raving about these Greenwood hotels

Shelbyville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2011

I took my husband out as a surprise for his birthday. I booked the "Northern Lights" room. I was a little worried with some of the reviews I had read, but it was perfect for us. The facility is older and not perfect, but we found nothing that would have made us unhappy. The carpet was older and the chairs were a little older, but they were clean. It was like being alone in your own quiet little fantasy room. We loved the huge hot tub and the round bed which was quite comfortable. We will definitely make plans to stay again!

Marion, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

I was skeptical upon arriving, but wanted to enjoy the night due to my boyfriends efforts of having a nice getaway, and time to reconnect. The smell of smoke slapped in the face when we opened the door! The walls looked like they had never been cleaned at all. And the carpet was disgusting, I was afraid to take my shoes off! The bed spread was old and worn , and the chairs were so hard and uncomfortable! The whirlpool tub was the only good thing about this room! So, with many airfresheners, sheets, and my bottle of Moscato I made the best of his intentions of having a romantic night. But we will NEVER come back to this hotel!

2 Thank msdjw
The guest in question knew the suite was a smoking one and never asked for a non smoking option. She was found to have lit candles when she was informed such thing was prohibited by the fire marshal. The suite is supposed to be themed like a cave with the walls textured as such. For her to say the walls looked like they were never cleaned is downright pathetic. She was given her deposit back yet she tried to get more money by complaining about the smoke, among other things, and when she didn't get it she had somebody posing as her referral to do that for her. The review she wrote was just an echo to her failed efforts to scrape up money.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood
Downtown Indianapolis
The Alexander
The Alexander
#8 of 178 in Indianapolis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,288 reviews

Been to Red Carpet Inn Fantasuites? Share your experiences!