“Mississippi Group Gives 5 Stars”

Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Greenwood
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Our group of ten had the pleasure of staying at the Candlewood Suites while attending the National Future Farmers of America Convention. Great rooms that were perfect for kids.
The staff were and very helpful with information for out of town guest

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
psklaus, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Thank you very much for staying with us during the 2011 FFA Convention. We realize there are many lodging choices during the convention and we sincerely appreciate your business during the week. We are happy to hear the kids enjoyed the stay and we hope to see you back here in 2012 for the Convention!
Phil Klaus, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South

Reviewed July 7, 2011

This was a nice hotel but located way away from most everything. There was a farm and corn field right next to it. The suite rooms were nice. If you are doing an extended stay this is the hotel for you. The rooms have full size refrigerators, small stoves, and a microwave. The hotel did not have a pool. You could almost set up an office in your room. You are going to have to drive a few miles to get food, gas, or groceries. The hotel receptionist was a little rude and cocky. The price was a little cheaper because of the location.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad to hear that your suite was accommodating for you. As you noted, we are a new addition to the Greenwood area as the land around us is still in the development stage. We always appreciate feedback, and we will pass this information along to our staff. We are always looking for ways to improve, and we hope you will return in the future.
Phil Klaus General Manager

Reviewed April 12, 2011

the hotel and staff are amazing. They anticipate our every need. I love having the Cupboard for my convenience. Love the free Wi-Fi, the fitness center and luandry available for my use. When traveling with kids, you never know what can happen. The location is good for us. CLose enough to shopping and other attractions without fighting for parking.

Room Tip: CALL and speak to those who work there!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank amy47454
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I booked a room at this hotel because I was gathering with college friends at a friend's home in Greenwood. I didn't realize Greenwood was so big, or I would have booked something downtown and been the same distance from my friend's house and probably closer to the airport.
The hotel is in the middle of farm fields on an unlit road. It was difficult to find and a bit scary after dark. The clerk who checked us in was nice and helpful. The room was very clean. The checkout clerk was also very helpful and pleasant.
The drawbacks here were the location and the room really was too small for three people. While there were restaurants within a mile or so, we chose to drive downtown for a better selection.
That being said, the staff was helpful, the beds were comfortable, the room was clean, and it was very quiet.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Hotel is clean. That is the only thing I can say good about this place. Located in the middle of a cornfield, in the middle of nowhere. Service was horrible. Night desk person was rude and frowned all the time. She cost her hotel $3,000.00 worth of business because we left early. She was lazy and acted offended if she had to get up from behind her counter and help someone. Very disappointing!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
psklaus, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2011

As general manager of the Candlewood Suites Indy-South, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so sorry to hear that you did not find our hotel family friendly and did not like our location. We assure you that this is not the norm. We hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you’re passing through. Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Phil Klaus General Manager

Reviewed February 13, 2011

I am a single, female, business traveler and I love staying at Candlewood Suites. There is a complete kitchen (that I never use but still, I like the fact that it's there). The rooms are set up very conveniently if one wants to hunker down and do some work in the evening. Here are a couple things you should know: This particlar Candlewood is a little off the beaten path. There is a huge mall a couple miles down the road with a ton of dining choices. If you don't mind the drive you should be able to find whatever your heart desire. The gal at the front desk was a little less than cheery but I have my bad days too. The only abhorrent problem was that my room was stocked with two decaf coffee packets - no caffiene. I was not about to toddle down to the front desk in my sleeping shirt and slippers to get the good stuff. Other than that I will look forward to staying there again and be sure to check the coffee provisions before I crawl into bed!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank luckygreen
Reviewed October 2, 2010

I traveled to Greenwood with family for a business meeting. We experienced great service at the hotel front desk. They have many dvd's that you can borrow to watch in your room. The room was really nice with free wifi and a desk with computer chair to work on computer. It was clean and quiet, and I will definitely stay there again. The manager was also very nice. They even took a picture of me with my family.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Molly37535
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood
Holiday Inn Express Greenwood
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenwood
WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Greenwood
Red Roof Inn Greenwood, IN
Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South
Hampton Inn Indianapolis-South
#17 of 185 in Indianapolis

Been to Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South? Share your experiences!